• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Internet transactions, payment and shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having similar issue now. Package has been "waiting acceptence" since 07/11/20. Intiated an inquiry with USPS and they can't even tell me if they have physically seen the package. They didn't tell me anything more than what I already knew.

I always thought that “waiting acceptance” meant that the shipper had created the label but not actually taken it to the post office yet.

One can print a label at the business, office or home using an account or software with the USPS (and I believe UPS and FedEx as well). When this happens a tracking number is created and enters their system.

However, all the shipper has done is create a label, and you will in fact see that description, along with "awaiting acceptance" and "pre shipping status, etc., and the carrier themselves will have no physical knowledge of the shipment Amazon has an even more convoluted system where their facilities often use the tracking number as the shipment goes through their chain internally, from facility to facility, and appears long before the carrier receives the package.

Used to be only a few vendors did this, but since the scamdemic started, more and more are adopting this somewhat nefarious practice for several reasons.

One they can say they have "shipped" your order, which puts the onus on the carrier supposedly, and perhaps you'll blame and bug them instead of the vendor lagging. Second it improves their internal numbers.statistics as far as their turn around time from order to ship, which leads to more people ordering, expecting quick ship times, and also effects peoples jobs and promotions, as well as the value of the company.

Sometimes it is a matter of their supply chain starting overseas, and when the overseas facility forwards the material to the u.S>, they will show it as shipped "pending" or whatever. It is on the way, but may actually take several weeks or months depending on the origin.

All in all it is a deceptive practice that companies are starting to use more and more to gain business. If you encounter it regularly with a a seller, it is probably best to move on to someone else,

I worked a mail room for a few years and every once in awhile would get a letter that had an old post mark and stamped on the letter was found on equipment or in receptacle. It's not hard for a thin envelop to not make it out of one of their totes and then have a big stack of totes put on top of it so it won't get found until they go threw all them totes again.

They are. Slowing things down that is. I spoke to my PO Supv at length about my missing letter/ MO ( still missing and undelivered). He told me the policy used to be that carriers delivered all the mail/ packages in their trucks before knocking off for the day. That meant overtime.
Now carriers are instructed to quit delivering @ 5pm, whatever packages don't get delivered get carried over to the next day. Or the next. Or the next. Or the.. you get the idea.

I’ve had the same issue with USPS tracking stuff lately. Sometimes it gets to a location and it’s days before it moves again. I did see recently that we have a new Postmaster General and he’s made some changes to put the postal system on better financial footing. I have a feeling that those changes might be slowing things down?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had the same issue with USPS tracking stuff lately. Sometimes it gets to a location and it’s days before it moves again. I did see recently that we have a new Postmaster General and he’s made some changes to put the postal system on better financial footing. I have a feeling that those changes might be slowing things down?

Indeed, the new Postmaster general is deliberately running the post office into the ground. Things will improve when a new postmaster general is appointed. Until then things will get worse.

Indeed, the new Postmaster general is deliberately running the post office into the ground.
As intended, unfortunately, but that’s a whole other ball of worms.

Meanwhile in the practical, real-world consequences of having that guy run the USPS plus the setbacks due to Covid, I have a very nice rifle on the way to me that’s moved about 30 miles in the last 12 days according to tracking. I don’t recommend anyone send a rifle via USPS at this time. I further wonder what sellers who insist on payment by PMO are going to fall back on if the USPS collapses under the weight of its new management. We may have some interesting adjustments to make as a community in the days ahead...hope not.

My conclusions exact. At this very moment USPS has a $405 MO of mine in jail, shipping purgatory or somewhere else unpleasant. As mentioned 6 pages ago I have sent my last PO MO through the mail..

... I have a very nice rifle on the way to me that’s moved about 30 miles in the last 12 days according to tracking. I don’t recommend anyone send a rifle via USPS at this time. I further wonder what sellers who insist on payment by PMO are going to fall back on if the USPS collapses under the weight of its new management.

As intended, unfortunately, but that’s a whole other ball of worms.

Meanwhile in the practical, real-world consequences of having that guy run the USPS plus the setbacks due to Covid, I have a very nice rifle on the way to me that’s moved about 30 miles in the last 12 days according to tracking. I don’t recommend anyone send a rifle via USPS at this time. I further wonder what sellers who insist on payment by PMO are going to fall back on if the USPS collapses under the weight of its new management. We may have some interesting adjustments to make as a community in the days ahead...hope not.

The troubles placed upon the post office will trickle down to small business. We will all suffer.

Another option that avoids politics and government completely would be bitcoin.
True, but I personally wouldn’t let someone pay me in digital currency unless it was to hide a body for them. I’ll mine the stuff and pay other people for this or that with it, though. 😎

That’s part of it, TNGhost, and not a small part, but also not the whole story. Fortune ran a story on the new Postmaster General recently and outlined some of the other things that are also going on. It's worth Googling.

I’m not interested in talking politics or business here. If you’ve seen the writeup I mentioned then I have nothing further to add. The point I wanted to make I already made a few posts back. 👍

If the entity or individual I'm considering buying from is not up to 21st century purchasing standards(I.e online CC transaction) then I find another seller who is.

Me too.

My wife and i buy a lot of stuff online using credit cards. Few years ago Someone charged an NFL ball game to my credit card but Visa took care of that. One day i stopped at a local gas station that did not have pay at the pump. The very pretty cashier used my card # to order a cell phone. Visa took care of that too.

Had issues with FedEx shipping not express and USPS. Bought 2 tc Hawkins and both disappeared and sat in trailers for weeks. One showed being at the originating post office yard then in transit arrived two weeks later out of the blue. Fedex has more traffic than at Xmas with half the staff, local office closed due to covid there by overloading the depot in the next city. Shipping has been a mess since the quarantine started and ordering went through the roof.

Toke twenty days to get a book from evil bay from Delaware to Northwest Ohio. I don’t understand the thinking with all are mail has been going through Allen Park Michigan. There not getting are mail in ballots delivered on time from the last election! Who ever decided that are mail in NW Ohio should go to Michigan first should be flogged! (Is that still legal?) One more vent, how can a company whether federal or private screw over there employees like this. The backbone of the companies that made them what they are today!!!

Jon
Dont feel to bad it took me twice before I learned not to use USPS MO anymore. Now its check or CC. They lost 2 MO for me before all this virus manure. Also you will get your money back after at least for me when you pay a 5.00 charge to submit your claim. Which I thought was not right.

Thanks BigAl52, at this point I’m just astonished and annoyed. It’s still MIA, in some void that they just can’t seem to find. And yes I did learn my lesson. I will never, ever again buy a US PO MO and send same in the mail. Ironically I still support the USPS, or rather the idea of the USPS. I’m old enough to remember their effectiveness before certain unnamed individuals began to screw with it. Undermine it. Destroy it. This makes me very angry and that’s all I’ll say about it in this forum. I do not and will not argue politics with members of a forum, period.
Jon
Dont feel to bad it took me twice before I learned not to use USPS MO anymore. Now its check or CC. They lost 2 MO for me before all this virus manure. Also you will get your money back after at least for me when you pay a 5.00 charge to submit your claim. Which I thought was not right.

I have no problem with personal checks but they will have to clear before shipping. Folks here with many posts I will ship when received or before.

Attitude of the buyer makes a big difference also how many posts and how long they have been a member.

I have denied purchase for new posters and definitely for attitude.

I do not use PayPal at all the screwed with me for thousands of dollars before when selling barrels on line Even though My company sold through them from their start they got bought by EBAY and then the PC **** started. It took 5-6 months getting my money from them after getting help from the Attorney Generals office in NH.

This is a great forum lets keep it that way as friends and not confidence thiefs.

NO PayPal payments taken or given.

Indeed, the new Postmaster general is deliberately running the post office into the ground. Things will improve when a new postmaster general is appointed. Until then things will get worse.

No, the Postmaster General is not running the post office into the ground, and he will be just fine.

You want to talk politics then pony up and use your Pay Pal buddies to get a premium membership and keep the politics where it belongs. Otherwise keep it to yourself.

Toke twenty days to get a book from evil bay from Delaware to Northwest Ohio. I don’t understand the thinking with all are mail has been going through Allen Park Michigan. There not getting are mail in ballots delivered on time from the last election! Who ever decided that are mail in NW Ohio should go to Michigan first should be flogged! (Is that still legal?) One more vent, how can a company whether federal or private screw over there employees like this. The backbone of the companies that made them what they are today!!!

Library, or "book" rate, what the USPs calls "Media Mail" is the slowest and lowest on the ladder when it comes to USPS shipping rates and times all other classes of mail move first in preference over it. So if a truck is being loaded and they only have room for so much, it is the "Media Mail" that waits for the next one. or gets on one that goes a ways out of the way and takes longer.

At $2.80, its a good deal to get books shipped that way, but you can't be in a hurry. I have had books I ordered take 3-4 days, and I have had them take a month, but I know what I am signing up for at the outset.

What I hate is when the shipper of whatever the item may be, sends an email the item is shipped, and then you check the tracking number, and it is days before the package is ever actually turned over to the Post Office, or worse, you get notification of tracking that, even though it was never mentioned when you ordered, the item is coming from overseas. Had that happen twice now in the last couple of months. Talk about a slow boat....

That is the biggest part of this problem.

Postal money orders? Used them for years, and never had a problem.

Last edited:
Back