• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Internet transactions, payment and shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. Looking back on it I wish I'd sprung for Express Mail Next Day Shipping. It was an extra $26 and I thought, 'naw, Priority Mail is just another day or so. Big mistake.
By the way I take pictures of the envelope/ package every time I send something. Every time.

Not pointing finger but you might be surprised how many people write the address sloppy and or don't complete the return address. I'll bet the majority of them blame the post office for their mail. They also do a poor job packing. I worked a mailroom for years and rarely a day went by that we didn't get a piece of mail that was mangled in some way. With all the automation, it's easy for a piece of mail to get caught up in the machinery.

Gentlemen, please read the original post. It does not take 'several weeks' for a USPS MO refund, it takes a minimum of 2mos. That's 60 days! This info is direct from a USPS Supv, yesterday.
That's a big part of why I posted in the first place, and what convinced me that sending a MO as payment is not for me. As stated in my original post, I'm stuck. No way to find out where the payment is, no way to 'cancel the MO for refund' until 60days goes by- and that's just beginning the process! Afeter 60days then you fill out the forms, after that they investigate to see if the MO was cashed. A refund could take 3mos to recieve! Others may be ok with that scenario and get it but it isn't for me.

I have always viewed the word "several" as 5 to 7 of something. so 2 months = 8 weeks or say "7 weeks" or "several weeks." If I recall correctly, the MO that Classic Arms lost back in 1997 took about 3 months to get refunded. I got the money back.....with no tracking on the package....this was before I knew how to keep good records or mail things certified, or most importantly, staple the check to the memo, but I got it back. Alas, the [then] $300.00 all-matching German Luger was long gone. *Those are over $1000.00 now, easily. This one was "Russian Capture" but all matching.

I am a fan of paying by credit card but not of being payed by credit card. Credit card charges are very easy to cancel as are cards themselves.....further, people do not view credit as "real money," one reason the average American owes nearly $10,000 in credit card bills.

To the OP, I think you'll get your money back, I am sorry you had this happen.

Mooman76,
Great reply. I appreciate the thought and sentiment forwarded, and i agree, I’ll see the money( or the pistol) sooner or later. But I didn’t know that Priority Mail equates to sooner or later when I paid the extra freight. I got a nice note from the Seller who said he’d hold it for me until it showed up, but again that wasn’t part of the deal.
I think I’m with you, paying by CC works from the Buyer point of view. Either way I’ve sent my last MO, just too much grey area.

So how long has it been so far? No body I'm sure id OK with it but things do happen.
Gentlemen, please read the original post. It does not take 'several weeks' for a USPS MO refund, it takes a minimum of 2mos. That's 60 days! This info is direct from a USPS Supv, yesterday.
That's a big part of why I posted in the first place, and what convinced me that sending a MO as payment is not for me. As stated in my original post, I'm stuck. No way to find out where the payment is, no way to 'cancel the MO for refund' until 60days goes by- and that's just beginning the process! Afeter 60days then you fill out the forms, after that they investigate to see if the MO was cashed. A refund could take 3mos to recieve! Others may be ok with that scenario and get it but it isn't for me.

I have always viewed the word "several" as 5 to 7 of something. so 2 months = 8 weeks or say "7 weeks" or "several weeks." If I recall correctly, the MO that Classic Arms lost back in 1997 took about 3 months to get refunded. I got the money back.....with no tracking on the package....this was before I knew how to keep good records or mail things certified, or most importantly, staple the check to the memo, but I got it back. Alas, the [then] $300.00 all-matching German Luger was long gone. *Those are over $1000.00 now, easily. This one was "Russian Capture" but all matching.

I am a fan of paying by credit card but not of being payed by credit card. Credit card charges are very easy to cancel as are cards themselves.....further, people do not view credit as "real money," one reason the average American owes nearly $10,000 in credit card bills.

To the OP, I think you'll get your money back, I am sorry you had this happen.

Whatever you decide of course (said while putting together a militia to find you and force you to agree with us!) [Insert evil laugh]. :p

Eventually, CC will be all anyone can accept the way the internet overlords are headed with their websites. I actually went and met a Gunbroker seller in person last week to complete a month-old internet buy! :)

If the guy will wait for you, let him. I would wait on a guy if he asked me to.

If pay pal finds out your purchase has anything whatsoever to so with guns of any kind they will generally freeze your account and do whatever they can to make your, and the other party in the transaction, lives miserable.
Isn't this forum's primary method of support payment Paypal?

Gee, I hope they don't find out.

I recently bought a sothern mountain rifle from a fellow member. We used PayPal as payment and the transaction went off without a hitch. No mention of 'gun', 'rifle', 'firearm' or the like. I know this isn't completely honest as far as Pp is concrned but while I don't agree with their stance on shooting sports I very much do agree with the ease and reliability of transferring money. It's a shame there isn't a GunPal/

Isn't this forum's primary method of support payment Paypal?

Gee, I hope they don't find out.

Welcome to GunPal, the easy and secure payment method for shooting sports enthusiasts !
Here are our rules;
- you must be 18yrs or older to use GunPal
- all exisiting State and Federal gun regulations apply. If it isn't allowed in your state GunPal is not available to you
- GunPal assumes no liability nor extends any protections to those who abuse GunPal or do not adhere to our rules and regulations
- GunPal assumes no liability for the unsafe or illegal usage of firearms. ALL EXISTING FIREARMS RULES AND REGULATIONS REGARDING THE SAFE USAGE OF FIREARMS APPLY AND ARE ENFORCED.

What do you think ?

Too many laws to wrangle around.

If pay pal finds out your purchase has anything whatsoever to so with guns of any kind they will generally freeze your account and do whatever they can to make your, and the other party in the transaction, lives miserable.
They must not know what Pedersoli does for a living

From what I read this guy was an out and out crook. Below is a quote from the first page I found. It dosen't mean the concept of GunPal is bad, just that this guy was a creep, no ?

"So for any new members here NOT familiar with Ben Cannon, be advised that he is about as dishonest as they come. He's claimed to be a commercial pilot with turbine ratings, an engineer, a millionaire (while he was living at home with his parents), an exotic foreign sports car owner, etc etc. "

It’s been done. Quite the mess. Do an internet search for ‘gunpal gpal Ben Cannon’.

Paypal has a ban on gun parts....I would think if there was a problem in the transaction one or both parties would end up without payment/accounts banned.

A seller on Gunbroker had an AR 15 upper for sale that I won the bidding on. He required Paypal but I called the company and asked if the part was in compliance with their rules. It was not. The seller then allowed another form of payment. I did not want to risk some issue ending up with me losing money, not getting the upper, and not having legal recourse.

If someone was to start a Gun Pal type of business, now is the time. Increasingly, banks and even credit card companies are refusing to have anything to do with gun-related businesses. Competition is the solution to such tactics.

. . . Paypal has a ban on gun parts . . .
I purchase all sorts of gun-related parts and items on eBay. All payments have always been made with PayPal. The items are not listed under some sort of disguise. I've always found good prices, good service, and fast delivery. I've never had a problem. I'm not certain there really is one.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...A0.H0.Xgun+parts.TRS0&_nkw=gun+parts&_sacat=0
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=thompson+center

I purchase all sorts of gun-related parts and items on eBay. All payments have always been made with PayPal. The items are not listed under some sort of disguise. I've always found good prices, good service, and fast delivery. I've never had a problem. I'm not certain there really is one.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...A0.H0.Xgun+parts.TRS0&_nkw=gun+parts&_sacat=0
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=thompson+center
Same. I’m not sure the problem is as broad and far-reaching as the legend would have us believe. Ebay and Paypal are under the same umbrella, are they not? If I were to guess, I’d guess people having difficulty with PP have had it for the same reason people have had difficulty at the counter in the post office, UPS, or wherever.
“It’s a gun? Oh, you can’t send that. It has to go to/ be from a dealer.”
”But the gun is a pre-1898 antique and doesn’t qualify as a firearm per your own definition.”
”But you said it’s a gun. A gun can only be sent to or from a gun dealer.”
Etc, etc, etc.

I have bought springs, stocks, magazines, scopes, slings, etc on Ebay & paid with PayPal - no problems whatsoever.

Welcome to GunPal, the easy and secure payment method for shooting sports enthusiasts !
Here are our rules;
- you must be 18yrs or older to use GunPal
- all exisiting State and Federal gun regulations apply. If it isn't allowed in your state GunPal is not available to you
- GunPal assumes no liability nor extends any protections to those who abuse GunPal or do not adhere to our rules and regulations
- GunPal assumes no liability for the unsafe or illegal usage of firearms. ALL EXISTING FIREARMS RULES AND REGULATIONS REGARDING THE SAFE USAGE OF FIREARMS APPLY AND ARE ENFORCED.

What do you think ?

I think you should read Paypal's acceptable use policy.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

Paypal has a ban on gun parts....I would think if there was a problem in the transaction one or both parties would end up without payment/accounts banned.

A seller on Gunbroker had an AR 15 upper for sale that I won the bidding on. He required Paypal but I called the company and asked if the part was in compliance with their rules. It was not. The seller then allowed another form of payment. I did not want to risk some issue ending up with me losing money, not getting the upper, and not having legal recourse.

eBay and PayPal don’t allow “Assault Rifle” parts (as they call them) sales. Gun stuff is fine. I sell tons of gun related stuff there and was sent a warning that ar parts were no longer allowed a few years back. I continued selling other gun stuff without issue until this spring when the auctions didn’t start back up.

eBay and PayPal don’t allow “Assault Rifle” parts (as they call them) sales. Gun stuff is fine. I sell tons of gun related stuff there and was sent a warning that ar parts were no longer allowed a few years back. I continued selling other gun stuff without issue until this spring when the auctions didn’t start back up.
That must be what they mean by “certain” gun parts.

Back