• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Where to buy #11 percussion caps ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They tend to disappeared during the last round of panic buying also. they will appear again hopefully soon. Buy a few extra when you see them. I believe they can ship them with powder so try to order powder from the same place so you only have to pay one hazmat fee.

As in the past, they disappear as you mentioned with panic buying. The other thing is that the folks who make them shift production from caps to modern ammunition which has a higher demand and more profit.

Skip a burger and buy caps when you see them.

I just recently bought a very nice Lyman GPR, have methodically put my acceosories list together and thoughtb I'd simply go online and buy CVI or Remington #11 caps- ha!
Everywhere, and I mean everywhere I've looked is out of stock! Surely there are some out there, would relly appreciate some guidance and wisdom from some of you experienced shooters as to where I can buy a tin or two.
Thanks in adavance for all replies. By the way I'm also going to want to order a 1lb of 2f, 1lb of 3f and jar of PYRODEX for the Colt 2nd Gen percussion pistol.
Also Sportsmans

With my luck,

4hUk2PSh.jpg

If you're up to it, you could make your own from soda cans.

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/products/11-percussion-cap-maker
They also sell the priming compound.

Thanks renegadehunter, I took your suggestion, placed an ordr online and am awaiting order confirmation. If that goes ok then I'll be awaitng and order of 1k CCI percussion caps. If they confirm my order. Will update this thread with outcome. I had no idea buying percussion caps was going to turn into a search for the Grail.

The Gunworks Muzzleloading Emporium shows them in stock. Spendy though, they sell them in 1000 piece cartons for $62.50 and it says an additional $27.50 for hazmat fees will be added.

Post script: purely by happenstance I stumbled onto the contact of a gun shop literally 15min drive from my house. I called them and guess what ? Yup, you guessed it, the #11's are awaitng my imminent arrival. 15min away. This after scouring the internet. Oh well, if I have a thousand extra delivered that's good, right ?

It's an endless loop of fear, panic buying, hoarding shortage, fear, panic buying, hoarding and shortage. It's also the greatest marketing tool for an industry that basically has a monopoly.

Post script: purely by happenstance I stumbled onto the contact of a gun shop literally 15min drive from my house. I called them and guess what ? Yup, you guessed it, the #11's are awaitng my imminent arrival. 15min away. This after scouring the internet. Oh well, if I have a thousand extra delivered that's good, right ?

There is a high probability that the store you buy them from was a primary hoarder that helped cause the shortage. eventually they will run out too. Not all vendors are that way though, but they are out there.

a couple years ago a friend was sending in an order for primers i asked him to order me 2 thousand number 11 caps and one thousand muslet caps. he reversed the order and i have 2 thousand musket caps... i hope i live long enough to shoot them all up. i am 72 now and will be over a hundred if i live long enough to shoot them all. maybe i should change all my cap locks to musket caps. at least he ordered quality caps, i have several hundred UMC caps and about 20% fail to fire.

I just seen some today at a new to me store. Not allot but they had them and at a reasonable price. Some times you find them in those hole in the wall places. They were well stocked on powder and other supplies too which allot of other places are out of.

Might be a good place to hang out for 15 minutes or so every couple of weeks. Never know what they might have stashed away. They can help you get stuff, handle shipping and transfers rather than ups or fed ex. If they have reloading supplies special order stuff for you to avoid you paying all the hazmats fees. Never hurts to have friends in the business.

I bought some from Graf’s about a month ago. With the Hazmat fee I combined an order of 5 pounds of powder and 2000 caps. One hazmat fee. There’s nowhere near me to buy real black powder so I have to order that anyway.

Back