• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD U.S. Historical Society Andrew Jackson Flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Those of you who are a bit older, like me, probably recall the U.S. Historical Society that came into being just after the bi-centenial. The Society had some famous names on it's board ,mostly to lend itself some respectability, and marketed high quality recreations of historical artifacts to those with more money than sense. George Washington's sword being the first followed by a number of firearms recreated identical to the originals such as Washington's flintlock pistols and Hamilton-Burr dueling pistols then branching off into commemorative issues. All of the firearms were crafted in Italy by Aldo Uberti's firm wwith the exception of the Hege-Siber target pistol that was made by Hege. Each issue ranged from a low of 500 pieces to 2000 pieces and was marketed generally between 2,500 to 3,000 dollars in the late 1970s to the mid 1980s. About the equivalent of 12,000 to 15,000 in todays dollars.
In order to generate that kind of money even from the rich and stupid they had to be built to a very high standerd . Of course they were terrible investments to the original purchasers and because of that are a real bargain on todays market particularly as shooters since they were built to such high standards.
I have for sale here one of the Andrew Jackson flintlock pistols. It is .45 caliber and all of the mountings and wire inlay are sterling silver. The lock is an english design with waterproof pan and throws a nice shower of sparks. The barrel is a hooked breech design and is held in place by two keys. It is marked on the underside with the Italian proofs and A. Uberti. It comes in a French fitted Cherry case with an inner compartment containing a small bag of balls and the case key. The stock appears to me to be walnut but I could be wrong. The inletting is flawless as you would expect. The only detraction, shown in the photos, is an interuption in the barrel finish near the signature plate and is from some surface rust that accumulated. The gun appears unfired and the bore is crisp and clean.
I am asking $880 that includes shipping anywhere in the lower 48 that it is legal to ship to. That is less than you would pay to any respectable builder for a well made plain flintlock shooter why not have a little bling? IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG

Might consider a partial, full or boot required trade. General interest in flint smooth bore or small caliber flint rifle.

Would you do an across the table trade for an original Colt Signature Series 1860 cal. 44, 8" barrel with original box?

I am the one with the Colt 1860. I forgot to mention I also have a pair of Colt Derringers in original box. Is that rust patch embedded into the metal or can it be cleaned off?

It is not a rust patch just where some surface rust interfered with the browning and it has been cleaned off.
Still for sale.

Can you please send a photo of where the rust was cleaned off? Does the case only have that one nick on it? I realize this isn't a true Colt, but would you be interested in a trade on my original Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back