• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to buy #11 percussion caps ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just recently bought a very nice Lyman GPR, have methodically put my acceosories list together and thoughtb I'd simply go online and buy CVI or Remington #11 caps- ha!
Everywhere, and I mean everywhere I've looked is out of stock! Surely there are some out there, would relly appreciate some guidance and wisdom from some of you experienced shooters as to where I can buy a tin or two.
Thanks in adavance for all replies. By the way I'm also going to want to order a 1lb of 2f, 1lb of 3f and jar of PYRODEX for the Colt 2nd Gen percussion pistol.

I just recently bought a very nice Lyman GPR, have methodically put my acceosories list together and thoughtb I'd simply go online and buy CVI or Remington #11 caps- ha!
Everywhere, and I mean everywhere I've looked is out of stock! Surely there are some out there, would relly appreciate some guidance and wisdom from some of you experienced shooters as to where I can buy a tin or two.
Thanks in adavance for all replies. By the way I'm also going to want to order a 1lb of 2f, 1lb of 3f and jar of PYRODEX for the Colt 2nd Gen percussion pistol.
Haz mat gonna get you. Some of the smaller more local older gun shops in your area may have a tin or two. Who in your area has reloading supplies? They have them sometimes. 3 pounds of powder going to give you 700 shots in the pistol. 300 in the rifle.

You ain't whistling dixie! I found a couple of tins totaling 13.00 with a $20 'additional shipping charge'! I assume this is Haz mat ?

Haz mat gonna get you. Some of the smaller more local older gun shops in your area may have a tin or two. Who in your area has reloading supplies? They have them sometimes. 3 pounds of powder going to give you 700 shots in the pistol. 300 in the rifle.

Use 3f black powder for your Colt. Black powder is no more onerous to clean than Pyrodex and it ignites easier.

Yes. any ideas as to why the run on #11 percussion caps ? Why is Midway and the rest all out of stock ? I just discovered I also need .44 lead balls for percussion pistol. The usual suspects TOTW and October are both out of 'em.
What the heck?

And may have shipping on top of that! Another $8-9.

Try the following:

1. Log Cabin
2. Powder Inc.
3. Coonie's
4. Buffalo Arms
5. Maine Powder House
6. Deer Creek

You can bundle your wants.

The Gunworks Muzzleloading Emporium shows them in stock. Spendy though, they sell them in 1000 piece cartons for $62.50 and it says an additional $27.50 for hazmat fees will be added.

They tend to disappeared during the last round of panic buying also. they will appear again hopefully soon. Buy a few extra when you see them. I believe they can ship them with powder so try to order powder from the same place so you only have to pay one hazmat fee.

Back