• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Do you think black powder will become scarce?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the GOEX site you linked, there are no dealers of their product in Colorado.
The information has been removed.
Try the bass pro in Colorado Springs.

Last edited:
I still maintain that any scarcity will be driven by sales volume!

Absolutely!
There needs to be a demand for an economical amount. If they only make a ton a year, the companies are going to drop their production all together.
It happened with car brands, The Trans Am was an Awesome car... not enough wqere sold. So now there isn't even a brand called Pontiac. Brick and mortar stores and malls are going away soon too.

I am buying BP every time I see it. My hope is that I will still have some left to leave in my will (with the flintlocks).

I still maintain that any scarcity will be driven by sales volume! Younger people (those under the age of 50, let's say) are not that interested in BP shooting. Heck, they are becoming less interested in HUNTING, even. Sales of Michigan deer licenses has dropped by 20% in the last several years! I've noticed a shocking decrease in the number of gunshots I hear on Opening Day morning for the last 2 seasons. November 2019 was almost silent....that's downright spooky. You know what else younger people are losing interest in? Fishing! (again, the number of fishing licenses sold in Michigan is falling) Golf! (it's slowly fading away, and golf courses are being sold to developers for housing tracts). A friend of mine who likes to sail told me that there is a glut of sailboats for sale because younger people aren't interested. They like jet skis! Enjoy your flintlocks while you can, gentlemen!
I will also say that the decline of people wanting to deer hunt is also from the bait pile shooters. I don't call them hunters, they are lazy. Their ,laziness contributed to the proliferation of Cronic Wasting Disease, TB, and EEE Virus. Do you want to shoot a deer that is sick to eat ??? Then the Bait piles also changed the deer feeding habits to lay all day cuz there is no need to look for forage. These things IMO ruined Michigan Deer Hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a state west of my state that has a C and an A in it's name, a background check is now necessary to buy ammunition. Of course the "fee" for the phone call and paper work is paid for by the buyer. Wish that I had an ammo shop in Nevada. Some of that State's people now have two driver's licenses. One Nevada and the other for where they live. It is sort of like a small prohibition of the 20's & 30's.

KNOCK, KNOCK, ............ KNOCK.
Yeah, what you want,
GOT ANY 32"s
Who want's to know.
SAMMY SENT ME.
Come on in.

In a state west of my state that has a C and an A in it's name, a background check is now necessary to buy ammunition. Of course the "fee" for the phone call and paper work is paid for by the buyer. Wish that I had an ammo shop in Nevada. Some of that State's people now have two driver's licenses. One Nevada and the other for where they live. It is sort of like a small prohibition of the 20's & 30's.

Yeah, what you want,
GOT ANY 32"s
Who want's to know.
SAMMY SENT ME.
Come on in.

And that will be exactly what happens, if it hasn't already. Once an item gets outlawed, demand for it will rise, and the underground entrepreneurs will take over.

The GEOX map is not accurate. It shows two places close to me and I know for a fact neither place sell BP. They might sell products but no real stuff.

Yes, I suspect there is an issue with it, one could always contact Goex directly.

Just to stir the pot i didn't see anyone bring up the real elephant in the room -- inflation. Just in last 3 years everything costs so much more.

Yeah, what you want,
GOT ANY 32"s
Who want's to know.
SAMMY SENT ME.
Come on in.
You do not need to show a DL to buy ammo in Nevada. People show up to gun shows with hand carts to haul all the ammo.

My nephew drives for UPS and there is nothing done different from a Haz-Mat shipping box to a regular box, nothing , not even a special shelf or explosion container on the trucks. The fee is just another way to screw hunters and shooters.
I have no doubt that the extra cost is tied to legal issues and/or insurance liabilities. If you engage in certain types of business/activities, insurance companies WILL raise your rates. Ask any young male who drives a "hot" sports car...

I haven't used a pitchfork since I was a kid. Maybe I should practice. Hell, maybe I should open a pitchfork store: you know, for tossing stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back