• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love big catalogs. Hours of fun thumbing through them, and I always seem to find something new didn't see the last time I thumbed through it..

Midway just got 2f back in stock today. Cheaper for powder costs, and cheaper hazmat than grafs. Midway also has super fast shipping for anything in stock.

I get a book full of stuff to buy from midway in the mail regularly. And my package with 1f powder from them should be here tomorrow. They just got 2f in stock today, and for goex, compared to grafs, midway is lower powder price and lower hazmat price.

Ive only had great experience with midway, given them waaaay too much of my money over the last 5 years. Frequent free shipping deals, frequent sales, i believe they also do free hazmat pretty often but i wasnt interested in that til now. All my packages from them, even now, show up in a week or less of shipping. Hopefully my luck holds up with them

I have never had any trouble with Midway, always a first time. Some things we order show up in remarkable time and some should show up in three days takes up to 14 days from other suppliers. Ordered springs and hands from Dixie last week and from there to northwest Missouri, three days.
I usually order powder from Powder Inc. It and miss with Grafs, but always good quality.

Grafs brand powder made by Goex= $16.59. $9.95 flat rate shipping and $12.50 hazmat vs Midway Goex $18.99. $11.52 shipping and $11.99 hazmat

Goex brand goex from grafs if more than goex brand goex from midway. Even if graf brand goex is the same inside the can, its still a different product, and not what was asked about.

How about that reenactment powder? Its even cheaper still! Irrelevant though since that wasnt the question.

Goex from grafs is like 19.99 or 20.99.

Have seen claims (at least one recently on this forum) that the powder Grafs sells that is made by Goex is dirtier and not as lively at Goex branded powder. Haven’t tried the Grafs sold powder myself, but others who have may weigh in.

If you want "Goex" label then it is the same cost for one pound. Grafs is $19.99 but shipping is only $9.95 vs $11.52 for Midway. Grafs hazmat is $12.50 vs Midway $11.99 So it's basically a wash. Unless..................you buy more than 1 lb. Then Grafs is cheaper because the shipping stays the same.
I have used Grafs brand powder and Goex and can't tell the difference.

Never seen any difference in the powder. From smooth bore at 25 yards to Gibbs rifle at 500.

Ordered a gun case for my Gibbs rifle It came early and was on sale still made my wife cringe tho a Pelican is expensive Midway is OK

getting back into BP after many years away. Looked at the price per pound and fainted, remembering when I paid $2.00 for a one pound can of Dupont 3F.

My how times have changed!!

Powder for $2.00 for a pound, how much was the hourly wage then?

Ok so the very bottom line right now is MIDWAY hands down wins.

4 pounds of graf brand 2f from grafs comes out to $88.81.

4 pounds of goex brand 2f from midway comes out to $87.95.

Im sure occasionally prices fluctuate, but I rarely actually have to pay shipping with midway, pretty much every week is a free shipping deal.

So, you can get grafs brand goex, which they dont even LET you order less than 4 pounds of powder at a time. Or you can spend less money for goex brand goex at midway, and buy as little at a time as you want (not that that is price effective, but maybe you dont WANT 4 pounds of powder you have to store) so the price comparison turn its 4lbs of graf for 88.81 or 1lb of goex for like 42.53 (get enough other stuff to get free shipping and its a better deal, only need powder? 3 lbs qualifies for free shipping and comes out to 68.96.

I dont have any opinion either way about grafs brand powder, never used it. My hangup is that it ISNT the cheapest option compared to regular goex from midway, so idk why people keep saying it is

Back