• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you think black powder will become scarce?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could figure out how to get Pyrodex to function as reliably as real black in a flintlock, (and some cap guns) heck I might give up real black all together, It's almost cheaper and you get more shots per pound.

I'll have to give this some serious thought.

I have never gotten it or any sub to work reliably. Even if I mince it in the pan, even using real 4f in the pan gives poor results.
You must tell me your secret.
No secrets, 50 grains load. T/C maxi hunter home cast. A small amount pestled on a piece of copy paper with a 5 pound hammer. make enough to use for that particular outing. I honestly cannot tell the difference. There may be a difference not visible to my eyes as far as time is concerned...but could be revealed by the use of high speed cameras and strobes.....dont have time for that though.....cleanup as usual.....

SM

Vent and breech type ?
What grade pyrodex ?
Hunting or just the range ?

“It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
― Dale Carnegie

And what I think about it is this; if I sat idly by thinking the world is peaches and cream, and I get a flaming bag of dog manure placed on my front step, I'm not going to be happy about it. And I'm gonna stop thinking the world is peaches and cream!

And what I think about it is this; if I sat idly by thinking the world is peaches and cream, and I get a flaming bag of dog manure placed on my front step, I'm not going to be happy about it. And I'm gonna stop thinking the world is peaches and cream!

I keep a fire extinguisher by the door. Great for putting out small fires, and I don't get sh*t on my shoes. :)

That flaming bag of dog manure comes in many forms.......
SM

i spent a career in US Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal. In the 50s-60s and 70s we rendered safe numerous pipe bombs filled with black powder.

Those bombs presented a glorious opportunity for the feds to outlaw black powder. The fact that black powder was not outlawed speaks volumes. Politicians have larger fish to fry.

People doth worry too much.

Perhaps you might want to take a look around you. It ain't the 50s, 60s, or 70s anymore...

Precisely, and even wen we cannot change the events, we can still change our perception. For the good, or for the bad.
Events are events. Perceptions mean not. It is an old philosophic argument. The tree falling in the forest...did it make a sound if no one heard it fall? Yea, the damned tree fell and it made a big ass noise. Perception in logic is an academic tool.

My Mom once said " I am glad that I lived in the time that I did" funny how im starting to relate to her statement....
SM
I get that. Change is uncomfortable, unfamiliar. I too am glad that I lived in the time I did, and do. Anyone who did not live my childhood and young adulthood years, can not know, except anecdotally. That is an age old story. Better, worse, all part of the same story. Knowing history can help put a lot of life in perspective. help...

Events are events. Perceptions mean not. It is an old philosophic argument. The tree falling in the forest...did it make a sound if no one heard it fall? Yea, the damned tree fell and it made a big ass noise. Perception in logic is an academic tool.

No, I don't think that's it at all. It's not a philosophical argument, it's a psychological one. It's not how we want to see the world but how our perception influences it and ourselves..

Perception in logic is an academic tool.

What do you mean by "academic tool" ?

I keep a fire extinguisher by the door. Great for putting out small fires, and I don't get sh*t on my shoes. :)
I guess that line of thinking would be reactive - that is, an action that follows the point when damage has been inflicted. Perhaps its better to eliminate the threat on the way to your doorstep. Stop that bag carrying SOB in his tracks. So to speak...

I guess that line of thinking would be reactive - that is, an action that follows the point when damage has been inflicted. Perhaps its better to eliminate the threat on the way to your doorstep. Stop that bag carrying SOB in his tracks. So to speak...
That is absolutely politically incorrect. Love it. So to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back