• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Do you think black powder will become scarce?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no rationale for it becoming scare except one from panic induced by fear, fear from the paranoia that there might be a shortage that leads people to panic buy or hoard which in turn leads to an actual shortage. It's exactly what's happening to the ammunition right now.
You are leaving out the essential element. Seriously, do you not see the righteous concern people have. Horde-away for all I care. To me, for its own sake hoarding is mental. GOVERNMENT dictates are not imaginary. They are elemental to our daily lives. The Constitution tells us what the Government can not do to us: period. This is no longer the case. People are rightfully concerned about what the govt. will do. The BP community To me, has a social interest in all this hubbub. Firstly, the historical aspect that can date back to the founding. Secondly there is the intellectual, and participatory aspect that draws me, at least closer to the time when our country began. Hoarding is buying. Buying means production. So far, silly but we can live with that. Overreaching government is something we can not live well with. SO, now we are back to the original, defiant use of muzzle loaders, and BP. That we are back to that my friend, is scary.

I want to express my gratitude to this forum, and the moderators for allowing me to participate in this discussion, and throw out my views. I try not to step over the rules-line. If I do, feel free to flog me, verbally, and accept my apologies. How's that for paranoia?

Our benevolent government WILL get around to seriously restricting, or outright banning, black gunpowder sooner or later (along with many other things)... and it's getting closer all the time... For those that STILL think "why, that can't happen in America!", I encourage you to remove your rose colored glasses, and take a look around you.

I want to express my gratitude to this forum, and the moderators for allowing me to participate in this discussion, and throw out my views. I try not to step over the rules-line. If I do, feel free to flog me, verbally, and accept my apologies. How's that for paranoia?
When possible, I will become a member.

outright banning, black gunpowder sooner or later (along with many other things)... and it's getting closer all the time...

How so ?
If you look at the last 40 years that doesn't seem to be true.

You are leaving out the essential element. Seriously, do you not see the righteous concern people have. Horde-away for all I care. To me, for its own sake hoarding is mental. GOVERNMENT dictates are not imaginary. They are elemental to our daily lives. The Constitution tells us what the Government can not do to us: period. This is no longer the case. People are rightfully concerned about what the govt. will do. The BP community To me, has a social interest in all this hubbub. Firstly, the historical aspect that can date back to the founding. Secondly there is the intellectual, and participatory aspect that draws me, at least closer to the time when our country began. Hoarding is buying. Buying means production. So far, silly but we can live with that. Overreaching government is something we can not live well with. SO, now we are back to the original, defiant use of muzzle loaders, and BP. That we are back to that my friend, is scary.

What ?

kinda hard to separate the two, but I will try, happy independence day, I think we are all on the same side.

Did I miss the memo where a bill to outlaw blackpowder was sitting on the presidents desk waiting to be signed ?

I think you guys are getting all lathered up for not.

By the way, I live in Beaumont Tx and you can hang up buying real bp around here. In fact our sporting goods stores don't even carry bp guns in stock and will not ship to store from other stores from elsewhere.

kinda hard to separate the two, but I will try, happy independence day, I think we are all on the same side.

I wouldn't be too sure of that ;)

Anyways, happy Fourth to you as well, we should enjoy our celebration, because as with our ability to enjoy black powder, our freedom to celebrate it, may be fleeting.

You guys have me scared... just used my Santa money to order 10 cans to squirrel away LOL
Some things are worth hoarding. lol
I wouldn't be too sure of that ;)

Anyways, happy Fourth to you as well, we should enjoy our celebration, because as with our ability to enjoy black powder, our freedom to celebrate it, may be fleeting.
right on

We'll let you know in November.

The same thing was said 12 years ago, and not one single piece of legislation ever became of it. In fact many of us saw an expansion of rights during those years.

I know the feeling, im trying to sit on my hands, they always have caused me issues. Im thankful for the forum and community as well.

The same thing was said 12 years ago, and not one single piece of legislation ever became of it. In fact many of us saw an expansion of rights during those years.
As it should be, but this old dog is sleeping with one eye open. The nice thing about this country is we can disagree, but I try to let all voice their opinion, give it a good going over and realize none of us are completely correct. Happy 4th my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back