• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

was good enough to deserveNice New Horn under my Tree!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halftail

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I dunno If I was good enough to deserve a new Horn but there was one under my tree this morning.It was a heck of a suprise too!The builder of the horn is a member here and he and my wife kept a succesfull secret!Here is a few photos...enjoy...I know I will...
GiftHorn001.jpg

GiftHorn002.jpg

The scrimshaw is of course on one side my name and the other is a scale map of my hunting area and Camp area along with a little "camp" in the exact place it stands on the map.
Here is an overall shot of the horn.
GiftHorn003.jpg

Here is where it will hang for the next few days on display...
GiftHorn005.jpg

All I can say is thank you to a good friend....Santa...er...uh....I mean Soggy Clause! :thumbsup:

.QUOTE

"Well I dunno If I was good enough to deserve a new Horn but............"
:grin: Hey HalfTail, just think of the black powder that it will hold as.........."fine ground up lumps of coal" :rotf: :rotf:
Merry Christmas to you, Deb, and the boys;
Soggy

Hey now! That is one great looking horn. Congratulations on being a good boy. Even more....on having a wonderful wife! Merry Christmas.

Methinks Soggy will have a backlog of orders when other guys oh here see that!

So tell me, what does MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA mean?
It's the Local Indian(Mic Mac) name for the Lakes and the surrounding woods.A native told me that it means "Water of Many Turtles".
He's right too,there is a large number of good sized Snapping turtles or Blandings turtles.I've heard them called both.I'll try to find a picture.

Nice horn and I hope you get plenty of enjoyment and use from it, but...

MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA is that Mick-Chick-cha-wa-ga-ta or Mick-Chick-chaw-a-gata or what? I'm sorry but I'm bad with those names.

Gary said:
MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA is that Mick-Chick-cha-wa-ga-ta or Mick-Chick-chaw-a-gata or what? I'm sorry but I'm bad with those names.
I think it's Mick-Chick-cha-wa-ga-ta.We just refer to the area as Mickchick.

Wow. Thanks Halftail. Mickchick, huh? I didn't realize that our Canadian cousins were as adept at butchering languages as we are. Shucks. That's another "American" trait that isn't so unique to us after all.

I didn't realize that our Canadian cousins were as adept at butchering languages
:rotf: Oh yeah.....I got such a "slang accent" from the area I live that a woman at a Vouz once asked me If I came from Australia.Well whatever works,I guess! :haha:

brubincam said:
can anyone say it real fast 3 times?
:hmm: yup!
MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA...., MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA ....., MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA.... :hmm: total time 7 minutes 43 seconds :rotf: :rotf:
Soggy

Halftail said:
So tell me, what does MICKCHICKCHAWAGATA mean?
It's the Local Indian(Mic Mac) name for the Lakes and the surrounding woods.A native told me that it means "Water of Many Turtles".
He's right too,there is a large number of good sized Snapping turtles or Blandings turtles.I've heard them called both.I'll try to find a picture.

Blandings and Snappers are two different critters. Blandings are endangered in New York and Massachusetts.

Mic Macs seem fond of long tongue twisting names. There's Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg in Webster, Massachusetts, also known as Webster Lake. The NA name means "Englishmen at Manchaug at the Fishing Place at the Boundary."

CP

CHARGOGGAG0OGGGMANCHAWGGAUGGAUGGAGOGGCHAUBUNAGUNGAAMAUGG!!!
56 Letters!I'd Love to hear that one pronounced! :rotf:

Back