• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello From New Hampshire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is Dave and I'm from NH. I'm new to muzzleloading, and I haven't been able to get out to the range and shoot any bp yet due to fatherly duties with a newborn and a toddler at home. I have, however, been able to collect a few muzzleloaders recently as my obsession with bp continues to grow. Currently, I have a Traditions Kentucky flintlock, T/C Hawken Custom and a Traditions/Pietta 1851 Navy. Next, I have my targets set on a Lyman GPR. I can't wait to take them out to the range, and I look forward to learning more from the folks in this forum.

Thanks!

Dave

I don't live far from Nashua at all, am seriously considering becoming a member. Are there specific muzzloading days, or a special range for black powder ? I was a range officer for years in CA, now have moved to MA and am a bit disoriented.

I’m not sure of any public ranges but I’m a member at the Nashua Fish and Game and we have great ranges. Membership is only $150 per year if I recall correctly.

I don't live far from Nashua at all, am seriously considering becoming a member. Are there specific muzzloading days, or a special range for black powder ? I was a range officer for years in CA, now have moved to MA and am a bit disoriented.
Nothing specific for black powder. Their midsize range, Fowler Range, has lanes that range from 25, 50 and 100 yards and you can shoot BP whenever you want. They also have a larger range which goes to 600 yards, but I haven't qualified for that range yet, so I'm not sure about shooting bp there.

Welcome to the addiction. Check out The Ancient Ones of Maine web site and facebook. We would welcome you to visit our Fall Vous. We have both primitive and modern camp areas and are a family minded group.

Howdy Dave, and Welcome from South Texas. I worked in Nashua for a couple of years, lived in Sandown, and belonged to the Pennichuck Muzzleloaders in Nashua. Great club, great folks, but that was a long while ago - during the Bicentennial. Back then there was The First Congress Of New England Muzzleloaders too, but I don't know if they're still active or not. Sadly, I can't give you names because many of them have passed and I've lost touch with the others. This is a great group too --- helpful and friendly and an excellent source of information and experience, and of course, opinions. Again, Welcome!

Latest posts

Back