• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Swenson

32 Cal
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but here goes. My brother-in-law got an old muzzle loader that supposedly is from the early 1800s. The stock is in very bad shape and has been repaired before. Some of the tabs for the barrel pins are missing along with the pins. It looks like the stock was a 2 piece but the front half is missing. There are no markings on it that I can find and it is disassembled and I'm not sure it will go back together. He is wanting to possibly have a new stock made for it. I am not sure if that is something anyone can do and if it would even be worth it. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to get pictures to load on here but I will be glad to email some if needed. Thanks

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but here goes. My brother-in-law got an old muzzle loader that supposedly is from the early 1800s. The stock is in very bad shape and has been repaired before. Some of the tabs for the barrel pins are missing along with the pins. It looks like the stock was a 2 piece but the front half is missing. There are no markings on it that I can find and it is disassembled and I'm not sure it will go back together. He is wanting to possibly have a new stock made for it. I am not sure if that is something anyone can do and if it would even be worth it. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to get pictures to load on here but I will be glad to email some if needed. Thanks
Lots of good Clear photos Of all the parts of this gun, may help people on the forum to give you best advice. I see you’ve tried to load some, without success. I’m sure someone will be able to sort that out for you.

If you have pictures on computer or smart phone, you log on here on the phone and they load pretty easy. I just copy the picture in your photo library and paste it in post the here. Here is an example.

1592676783445.jpeg

OK, with the help of some of the members I will try to put up pictures. I think the brass nose cap and ramrod holders are something new he bought. The barrel is almost 52" and measures around .68 inside the muzzle but it is worn so I'm not sure of the caliber.763946_20200621_080601_4069055_resized.jpg64486895_20200621_080628_4093722_resized.jpg714443012_20200621_081002_3745695_resized.jpg1664619913_20200621_080314_3859932_resized.jpg1726495820_20200621_080339_3785551_resized.jpg-1746537786_20200621_080410_4519414_resized.jpg1864429324_20200621_080834_4329065_resized.jpg

Brad,I just saw this post.Pecitonica rifle in Rockford,Il has a duplicating router,I've been to his shop and bought stocks from him, He told me he can copy anything,but needs your stock for the pattern. you can find them on the Web. kevin

Back