• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cap and Ball revolver rebuild/innards kits/spring kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treestalker

Treestalker
Reaction score
Friends, can you tell me where to obtain parts kits for 1851 Navy revolvers including hammer, hand and spring, trigger and bolt and wedge and also a complete set of screws for the Navy and 1860 Army models? Thanks in advance, I have an old Spesco (Georgia) revolver frame and cylinder and barrel in .36 I'd like to rebuild. It was cut down for a hideout gun, has maybe a 3" barrel. Geo.

If you have a Spesco revolver (which was an importer of who knows what Italian manufacturer unless you can discern markings) it is a repro and don't think that original parts will fit. You might try VTI insofar as internals with both Pietta and Uberti parts and try to fit them to your revolver. Armi San Marco has been out of business since 2002 and the only source I know of is VTI and their parts stock is very lean to non-existent. I don't know the date code of your revolver, but if it was in the 60's -90's many manufacturers subcontracted with smaller Italian shops in Northern Italy (primarily Gardone) for parts. Pietta did such a thing until they went to total in-house CNC machining ~2000 and I think the same happened at Uberti about the same time.

Good luck in your venture.

Regards,

Jim

I recently bought every screw, trigger, bolt and trigger & bolt spring for my Pietta 36 cal Navy from ebay. I think the total with shipping was about $35 from two different sellers. Shipping was less than $5. I looked at Taylor’s Firearms and EMF first but never thought of Dixie. Good luck.

Cabelas used to have parts and screw kits for the Piettas for a really reasonable price. I'll bet that that your Spesco is an early ASM. Mine was and most of the parts were interchangeable although some took a little hand fitting to get just right. It had a stamp under the barrel and with a little digging on the internet it turned out to be the company that evolved into ASM.

Thanks everybody for your responses and directions. I believe I will try Cabela's parts kit to start and VTI for a spring kit. I have successfully made trigger/bolt springs out of safety pins and also made side lock sear springs from them. Thanks again, George.

Back