• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show me your fowlers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enclosed are images of a 1780 Flintlock converted to percussion fowler in 12 bore {Gauge] The barrel with length of 40 inches is a Madrid barrel with a Madrid cross which were common on English Guns of that period .
Feltwad
P1010044.JPG
P1010045.JPG

The images of the gun I entered in this forum which I obtained almost two decades ago when I was approached by a old gentleman with a question do you want a old muzzle loader has I am moving into a smaller house and I am downgrading ,if you do not require it I will just skip it with other stuff which I do not need } Thinking it would be a old scrap gun he left it at my home when I saw the gun I was glad to accept it , there was no doubt I saved it from the local tip, it was something that does not come often
Feltwad

Top rifle is a .50 cal. T/C Renegade kit I built 30 years ago, bottom rifle is a .54 cal. T/C Renegade. Pistol is a .50 cal. CVA Kentucky pistol. All three are cap lock, plain, nothing fancy guns, thus my handle....Nutnfancy.

3 Muzzleloaders.JPG

SMO, beautiful Fowler. How do you like the 16 gauge? Have you taken a turkey with it?

Thanks Patrick, I love it!

Of course I grew up hunting with a 16 gauge, only it was a modern bolt gun.
With the front sight missing and no rear sight. Point & Shoot style, mostly dove, quail , woodcock& Squirrel.

It took some getting used too sighting with a ball & the shot pattern took some work as well.

The Skychief load performs well in it out too 25 yards or so..
Unfortunately the only meat it has made is limb bacon...

I shoot a .642 or .648 ball , both without a patch & 70 grns of fffg Goex. The bore measures .653, A little tight for a 16.

25 yards benched...

41BF7FB5-2434-4FE2-8006-1108C7D6F732.jpeg

Shot pattern...

787966BC-4557-467E-A13F-C4ED5FE004ED.jpeg

I still haven’t gotten around too getting it like I want it...it still shoots low & left from my normal hold.
The ball that is low & left was a dead on hold, the others were shot using KY windage adjustments... lol
Hopefully I’ll get it taken care of before deer season, that’s one of the reasons I haven’t taken any more game with it. Still don’t trust my aim with it..

Plus , I love my rifle...... lol

The images of the gun I entered in this forum which I obtained almost two decades ago when I was approached by a old gentleman with a question do you want a old muzzle loader has I am moving into a smaller house and I am downgrading ,if you do not require it I will just skip it with other stuff which I do not need } Thinking it would be a old scrap gun he left it at my home when I saw the gun I was glad to accept it , there was no doubt I saved it from the local tip, it was something that does not come often
Feltwad

Felt, you must be living right Brother! Beautiful gun Sir.

Prairieofthdog, great, thank you very much for the come back to my query that I posted! I sure will GOOGLE it now that I know that the calls exist. just where would I get a child's slate / chalk board? I presume that it would have to be slate to make the squeak/ clucking sound? and how would I cut the board to size / fit it to the size of the shell. again thank you.
Toot, PM sent.

A Ray Woodall Centermark Fusil de Chasse, circa 1990. Barrel shortened to 34 inches as a result of an "oops". I added some carvings and exchanged the triggerguard for a southern mountain style guard.
20200618_073532.jpg
20200618_073558.jpg
20200618_073634.jpg
20200618_073027.jpg
20200618_073047.jpg
20200618_073130.jpg
20200618_073825.jpg

just what kind of call is in the photo with the fowler? can you expand on it please, as I have never seen one of what ever it is? thanking you. toot.

Top rifle is a .50 cal. T/C Renegade kit I built 30 years ago, bottom rifle is a .54 cal. T/C Renegade. Pistol is a .50 cal. CVA Kentucky pistol. All three are cap lock, plain, nothing fancy guns, thus my handle....Nutnfancy.

View attachment 34386
Love the looks of you guys flintlocks! Beautiful guns! I have priced some flintlocks and they are too expensive for my blood and more than I want to spend on something that doesn't get shot that often. But I do have three fine shooting guns and with bags, horns, etc., etc. I have less invested than the price of one flintlock;

The .50 cal. T/C Renegade kit (top) shown above I bought and built 30 years ago only cost me $170. The .54 cal. T/C Renegade (bottom) is actually my son's though it has been in my possession for several years and he has only shot it once when he stopped by while I was shooting it. Until he says "I need my gun" I'm claiming it.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. The .50 cal. CVA Kentucky pistol was gifted to me by my uncle.

Last edited:
Toot, if you are referring to the pic that I posted, it is a slate call with the striker laying on top of it

Back