• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do I have here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are several that I have. I don’t remember where or when I got them. I’ve probably had the largest the longest.

1592157146728.jpeg

Better pic of the middle one

1592157247876.jpeg

And another
1592157505866.jpeg

1592171545262.png

The other two flasks you have could easily be Italian reproductions but I'm pretty sure this one is authentic.
I am sure the Italians have not made a reproduction of it. In fact, I looked thru "THE POWDER FLASK BOOK" and out of over 1550 flasks shown in that book, I didn't see this one. Treat it nice. It seems to be one of the rarer ones. :)

That flask could be original but it has been reproduced. See Track of the Wolf. The copy doesn't seem to have been struck so deep and the top is held on with brass screws.

Attachments

• flask-flore_1 (2).jpg
    flask-flore_1 (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 62
Was about to reply but hawkeye2 beat me to it. Reproduction in my opinion.

The shape of the lever is typical for many reproduction flasks. Lever is likely a white colored metal with brass plating. If the lever has a small circle cast into the lever top and has the letter " P " cast into it that stands for Pedersoli.

The flask has a pleasing patina. Ones with the plated body are less frequently seen.

Track of the Wolf has these flasks for sale new and has one used one for sale.

Powder Flask, Florentine style embossed Neptune pattern accepts 10-1mm threaded spouts - Track of the Wolf

Last edited:
I think all of mine are reproductions but just wanted to share some different styles. In the first picture I posted the left flask has the adjustable charger. All the rest have simple tubes.

I'm guessing the length of the tube or spout determines the charge. So shortning the spout is the only way to adjust? And downward/lower only? How does one increase the charge?

Do all Italian flasks have the same threads? ( metric, I'm sure)
All of mine do have the same threads.
In my shooting box I have 9 of them ranging from 17 grains to 115 grains. That doesn't include the ones that are screwed into the Italian flasks I have.

Latest posts

Back