• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Powder Horn Strap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Am selling this beaded French & Indian War powder horn strap, 42" in bead length, with an overall length of 53", white background, with navy blue accents. It is double woven, strong and of high quality, new and unused. $100 shipped & insured US, please forward any questions you may have via pm or email, happy to reply.
Pictures taken by me this morning.

RSXhFlJh.jpg

sRs1al9h.jpg

m2fa7Jzh.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I have made a few similar to yours but used hemp cord warp and artificial sinew weft; glass beads in blue and antique white. Wife made me make her one in white with transparent cobalt blue. She has it on a cow horn powder horn with a turtle carved on walnut base plug in bold relief.

Gentlemen,
Am selling this beaded French & Indian War powder horn strap, 42" in bead length, with an overall length of 53", white background, with navy blue accents. It is double woven, strong and of high quality, new and unused. $100 shipped & insured US, please forward any questions you may have via pm or email, happy to reply.

RSXhFlJh.jpg

sRs1al9h.jpg

m2fa7Jzh.jpg
Classy. Very nice.

Gentlemen,

RSXhFlJh.jpg

sRs1al9h.jpg

m2fa7Jzh.jpg
What are the beads made from?

Excellent question. This particular strap is a reproduction of Hawkeye's beaded strap from the movie, The Last of The Mohicans. Take a look at any of the movie promotional shots, you'll recognize it immediately.

Gorgeous strap! I am curious as to what makes it a F&I strap specifically? Is it based on originals from that period, or ones from paintings etc.?

I'm interested in maybe using it for the strap on a shoulder carry tomahawk sheath I want to make. How wide is it?
Great idea! I’m not home presently, I think it’s about 2”, will measure.
By the way who made your tomahawk? Am looking for one myself.

Last edited:
Great idea! I’m not home presently, I think it’s about 2”, will measure.
By the way who made your tomahawk? Am looking for one myself.
Zachary Royer made the 'hawk, seen here, Zachary Royer, blacksmith, tomahawk

I need to make some measurements to figure out if that is a good length for my project. Have you used one similar to it? I'm wondering about comfort and noise with all that hard material.
It is really nice either way. Will get back to you.

Beautiful strap, one that I would like to own. Is it perhap still available, if so please contact me asap..thank you
Grey Beard

Hello Grey Beard,
Cheers and salutations! 'Yes', this horn strap is available as of this moment, with payment forthwith I can and will ship today. If you're interested in moving forward we should probably continue this via email; [email protected]
in order to exchange info. Thanks for your interest, hope you're having a great day!
Jon

Beautiful strap, one that I would like to own. Is it perhap still available, if so please contact me asap..thank you
Grey Beard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back