• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

single cast .495 round ball mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonnyboy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been looking for a .495 round ball mold (single- not double) an cannot believe that nothing for a long time has appeared in my search. Anybody have a .495 round ball mold that no longer is needed? Lots of .490's around just no .495's???.................sonny

I’d like to have a .495 mold myself. I don’t mind a double personally. I think? Never casted a ball or bullet in my life but I want to! What’s a good brand boys?

Some people accuse me of being a mold collector but it is not true because I have only 40 some molds. About 1/3 of my molds are aluminum blocks. Go ahead and get a Lee two holer and be happy. Although some people look down their noses at aluminum it works fine.

I have Lee molds that are in good condition after pouring over 10,000 balls. And I have seen some ruined after less than 500. The difference is: I added a lever extension to the cutoff spur I NEVER use a hammer or mallet to "strike" the cut off lever. I had a friend who used a hammer on his and he poured over three thousand balls with out checking them. The mold was so beat up the 440 mold was casting egg shaped balls that were over 460 on the long dimension. We had to remelt them all!

Back