• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ordered some tow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The supply of tow I got many years ago is finally getting low so I went to order some more. I just assumed it would be available on a regular basis. But the Silver Shuttle phone number is disconnected and DGW says unavailable. Same with a couple of other sites. Maybe it's a seasonal thing?

I've got some coming from Jas. Townsend and Sons. It is hemp tow, not flax tow, but I expect it will be as good as the flax version for cleaning and fire starting.

Just an observation about presuming availablity.

Jeff

Just for the heck of it I typed in "Flax tow" on eBay and sure enough, there is some for sale. I have no idea if is a fair price or not it.

Joe

Guys,
Thanks for the responses. I seldom think of Ebay for some reason. The prices for tow are reasonable. The Turkey Foot Trading is now bookmarked. Looks like decent prices for good quality goods. And that bacon looks VERY interesting. Also, I like supporting small and family run businesses associated with our hobby.

Jeff

I have ordered bags of tow from Turkey Foot Traders, and twist tobacco ! Good little outfit.

Back