• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD A.S.M. O/U .50cal Double Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is an interesting rifle. A .50 cal. over/under double rifle made by Armi San Marco. These were imported for a few years back in the mid 80s by ASM and by either H&R or Iver Johnson under their brand. I had one then and it shot well easy to regulate so both shots were minute of a deer at 100yds. Kind of ahead of it's time though as most states with a primitive weapons season specified single shot weapons. I used it here in Ohio but had to remove one nipple to comply so I ended up selling it. Of course a couple years after I sold it they changed the laws.
Anyway this is new old stock from a gunshop that closed. Yes it really is! When I got it it was in original box with that red goop on the gun and in the barrels they used to ship Italian guns with. All cleaned up now. Twist is I believe 1/48 and the one I used to have shot both round ball and the short R.E.A.L. bullet well.
ASM built this with the same locks and basic action they used in the O/U shotgun that they built for Beretta. Regulating an O/U is dirt simple compared to a side by side. Basically there is a wedge between the two barrels (shown in picture) that you move up or down to adjust the impact of the lower barrel to the upper. A very small adjustment. Generally matching the point of impact at 75yds and you are good to go out to 125 or so. The windage is controlled by two opposing screws at the muzzle. Ie: loosen one tighten the other generally doesn't need to be done.
I am asking $535 for this one and that includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS that it is legal to ship to. As I said the gun is in new in the box condition with no marks or destractions.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 339
I have one myself! Super great rifle! (Mine likes the R.E.A.L. bullets as well) Good luck with the sale!

Denster, I have a beretta o/u with a bad mainspring, how would I find a replacement, if you have any information I would be very grateful. Thanks

Bad in what way? Weak or broken? Best to private message me on this matter.
I agree.
The Classified Ad's discussion should be about the item being offered for sale. Other things should be talked about using the forum's Conversation private messages. To send one just hold your cursor over the persons name in the left hand column, poke "Start conversation", give it a title, write whatever you want to say and then hit the orange "Start Conversation" button at the bottom.

I agree.
The Classified Ad's discussion should be about the item being offered for sale. Other things should be talked about using the forum's Conversation private messages. To send one just hold your cursor over the persons name in the left hand column, poke "Start conversation", give it a title, write whatever you want to say and then hit the orange "Start Conversation" button at the bottom.
You are totally correct, thanks for the guidance, did not mean any harm. BTY, Denster was incredibly helpful.

Culterist I sent you an email and am sending you a PM just click on the envelope icon in the upper right menue bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back