• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Pedersoli Bess carbine UK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's a long shot but available is my old Pedersoli carbine Bess. UK based!
The 1980's example has a patina with fading browned barrel. Mechanically perfect and most reliable lock. I swear although never tried it that it would spark with a flint fitted side ways!

I have hunted with it for five or more and you can find those stories and pictures on here.
I'm selling because I need more room.
£500.00
IMG_20171130_212623968.jpg
IMG_20171130_212512896.jpg

Sorry to see you parting with your old friend, Brit, but I know there are only so many spaces on the FAC.
Thanks Bill but in all honesty I must correct you and explain.
Over here an original Bess can be held without a license. If one wants to shoot it you must get a license.
All reproductions can only be owned with a license.
As this reproduction Bess is a smoothbore it goes on a shotgun licence. There is no limit on how many shotguns one can own but provision has to be made for their secure storage.
This is my issue! I'm limited in my storage and I am reluctant to increase it. I also have breech loaders to go too etc.
Bess consumes my time when in fact I have other flintlocks I enjoy using. She is definitely more gun than I need so with reluctance I'm letting her go. However I must tip my hat to her! She never fails, all be it greedily! We have had some good fun.
IMG_20170114_145945670.jpg

Gents, I am very sorry to inform you but the cost of exporting to the states initially seems very costly. Possibly costing a lot more than the Bess is going for here!
I just spoke to a professional who did it once and swore to never do it again!

I am sorry it is thus but I must restrict the sale to within the UK.

Thank you gents.

B.

Good luck in your sale and I hope Ms Bess finds a good home. My search continues and I may end up buying new .

Hi, I am up in Scotland...

I will push this out to my club and see if there is any interest? I have one of these and it is a handy size to fit in a box. (I have a long land as well, and I had to weld an extension box onto the top of one of my cabinets!). It always is a focus of interest on a club shoot!

I use it every year at the Highland Game fair at Moy on the "Have a go" stand and it is perfect for Ladies and Youths. As you say, being a "Shotgun" it does not need to be on an approved range and the public can shoot it!

If any of you happen to be in Scotland on the first weekend in August, it is a good event to visit! Moy is about ten miles south of Inverness on the A9. It is not too commercial and is a good presentation of Highland sporting culture (plus Whisky!) Regrettably it has been cancelled this year because of the dreaded Wuhan Flu, but hopefully back next year!

I will push this out to my club and see if there is any interest? I have one of these and it is a handy size to fit in a box. (I have a long land as well, and I had to weld an extension box onto the top of one of my cabinets!). It always is a focus of interest on a club shoot!

I use it every year at the Highland Game fair at Moy on the "Have a go" stand and it is perfect for Ladies and Youths. As you say, being a "Shotgun" it does not need to be on an approved range and the public can shoot it!

If any of you happen to be in Scotland on the first weekend in August, it is a good event to visit! Moy is about ten miles south of Inverness on the A9. It is not too commercial and is a good presentation of Highland sporting culture (plus Whisky!) Regrettably it has been cancelled this year because of the dreaded Wuhan Flu, but hopefully back next year!
Thank you very much. Very kind of you.
We have not been to Scotland for a few years but plan to return soon.
All the best to you.

B.

Always make inquiries if shipping guns to Scotland I have been quoted £200 to the Scottish Border and more to Scotland very few Carriers will now carry weapons of any description its length is also another problem , it is sometimes cheaper to collect yourself

Feltwad

Back