• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from the high country

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Top of the morning to all you folks, from the top of the Rockies in Summit County Colorado!

Just took up flintlock after inheriting a 32cal and a 45cal, Green Mountain barrels. 32 is hand made and the 45 is a pretty store bought. Kind of ironic I live at the foot of Green Mountain here in Colorado, lol.

Welcome aboard from the far northeast.

Flinters are probably the most fun and historically interesting of the muzzleloading family. I enjoy shooting an hunting with my flintlock .50 Tennessee Mountain Rifle.

Welcome to Oklahoma.
I was born in Elk City Ok, was a baby in OKC, moved to Dodge City at 5. Joined the Navy at 18, returned to Cache Ok graduated Cameron, went to Utah, New Mexico and have now settled in Colorado.
all my relatives are still in Ok, well except my 30 something kids, they are in this sweet land up here

Shot minutes ago from the front porch

Last edited:
I'm originally from New England.
Settled out here after retirement.
Closer to my kids and granddaughter. I'm in Pushmataha county. Just loving the peaceful country living.

Welcome Chemman from Oklahoma. Beautiful photo! I spend a lot of time in the 4 Corners area around Delores & Mancos hunting and fishing. I hunt about 40 miles north of Dolores on Groundhog Mountain. Great state to ride my BMW Motorcycle to for fishing, camping and just hanging out.
I made a detour off of Hwy 9 one time looking for a good place to fish at the Green Mountain Reservoir and went through Heeney and stopped at a camp ground on the NW end of the lake and ate my lunch. I wanted to go up around the Power Plant since I work for the Power Company in Norman, OK but was rushed for time to make it to Steam Boat Springs where some of my buddies were and we were going to spend the night there and go back down to Aspen the next day. Great country in that area.
Always been my dream to live in that 4 Corners area around Cortez or Delores.
Enjoy your flintlocks. I have drawn a muzzleloader elk tag twice in 25 years and hunted the Groundhog Lake area with my .54 Flintlock. Took one cow elk there.
Hope all is well with you and your family. I might have to give you a shout one day if I make another ride to Breckenridge. I like to pick up a couple of bottles of that Breckenridge Bourbon bottled ate the distillery there.
Take care.
Mike

Howdy from the Republic of Texas! I've had many great times in your state, and hope to have more.
I can say exactly the same thing about your state
Howdy from the Republic of Texas! I've had many great times in your state, and hope to have more.

Thanks T
Welcome from Brighton, CO
Welcome Chemman from Oklahoma. Beautiful photo! I spend a lot of time in the 4 Corners area around Delores & Mancos hunting and fishing. I hunt about 40 miles north of Dolores on Groundhog Mountain. Great state to ride my BMW Motorcycle to for fishing, camping and just hanging out.
I made a detour off of Hwy 9 one time looking for a good place to fish at the Green Mountain Reservoir and went through Heeney and stopped at a camp ground on the NW end of the lake and ate my lunch. I wanted to go up around the Power Plant since I work for the Power Company in Norman, OK but was rushed for time to make it to Steam Boat Springs where some of my buddies were and we were going to spend the night there and go back down to Aspen the next day. Great country in that area.
Always been my dream to live in that 4 Corners area around Cortez or Delores.
Enjoy your flintlocks. I have drawn a muzzleloader elk tag twice in 25 years and hunted the Groundhog Lake area with my .54 Flintlock. Took one cow elk there.
Hope all is well with you and your family. I might have to give you a shout one day if I make another ride to Breckenridge. I like to pick up a couple of bottles of that Breckenridge Bourbon bottled ate the distillery there.
Take care.
Mike

Definitely let me know if you are in the area. I can give you a tour of the Power Plant, it is the best kept secret in the USBR.

Here is my most recent/current touch screen HMI/Controls/Situational awareness project:

Last edited:
I can say exactly the same thing about your state

Thanks T

Definitely let me know if you are in the area. I can give you a tour of the Power Plant, it is the best kept secret in the USBR.

Here is my most recent/current touch screen HMI/Controls/Situational awareness project:

What plant is that?

Latest posts

Back