• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Birds Eye Stocked 36 Caliber Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just recently finished building this rifle this month. It started life as a Pecatonica Beck Boys rifle components kit and was adjusted to my building style. The general specifications are listed below.

Beck Style Rifle
Flintlock
Brass Hardware
Exceptional Grade Birds Eye Maple
Davis #4 Trigger - Double Set
Small Siler Lock - Polished to 1200 Grit
Rice - 3/4” - Octagon to Round Barrel - 36” Long (the barrel started out as a full octagon and was turned partially round by Pecatonica for this build)
.36 Caliber
1-48” Twist - 6 Groove
Drop @ Heel - 3 1/2"
Drop @ Front of Comb - 1 1/2"
LOP - 13 1/2”
8-32 Threaded - 5/16” Hickory Ram Rod
Most components bought from Pecatonica
Built by Bruce Hamlin and completed 5-10-2020

The rifle has been function and test fired and shot great with a load of 40 gn's of Swiss 3F, .350 round ball and a .18 thick lubed patch. The lock and trigger assembly are in the white and have been polished to a 1200 grit finish. The barrel and screws have been rust browned. The vent liner is the 1/4-28 screw slot type and a "fitted" 2nd liner comes with the rifle if it is ever needed. The set trigger function is as slick and light as I have ever installed. It will fire with a single pull of the front trigger or as a set trigger. When set, it is very light but has full/safe contact and function. The small Siler lock is also very smooth and functions reliable.

I don't have a scale to weigh the rifle, but it is light.

As far as the wood, I will let the pictures do the talking.

I am asking $2,700 plus shipping and full insurance cost, which should be somewhere between $75-$100 as I only ship in a custom wooden crate. I will include some cast .350 balls, a few spare flints and some pre lubed patches. For payment, I accept cash, USPS Money orders or I can take a credit/debit card over the phone. Credit or debit card use will require an added fee of 3%. Feel free to contact me for discussion.

Below are the current pictures I have. I will add more later today to show the wood finish after I add a final Bri Wax finish coat. Thanks for your considerations.

BE1.jpg
BE2.jpg
BE3.jpg
BE4.jpg
BE5.jpg
BE6.jpg
BE7.jpg
BE8.jpg
BE9.jpg
BE10.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't hold back but to say this is absolutely the most beautiful flintlock I have ever seen. I can only dream. Nice work Bruce.

believe thats the prettiest wood Ive ever seen on any gun muzzleloader or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back