• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC .32 Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoJoLesh ,

The patch box indicates that the stock is a Thompson Center Seneca, how long is the barrel ? Less common than the 36 or 45 but you could get a Seneca in 32 Caliber.

JoJoLesh ,

The patch box indicates that the stock is a Thompson Center Seneca, how long is the barrel ? Less common than the 36 or 45 but you could get a Seneca in 32 Caliber.
Would the barrel still be marked Cherokee?
I was wondering because the stock and trigger guard (and set triggers) look more like the Seneca photos above.

Would it be backwards compatible? Say, if we wanted to use this gun on deer, could we get a .45 Seneca barrel and drop it in.
With a wedge and a hooked brech this would take all of 30 seconds.

I don't know about a single trigger but the trigger bar on my double set hawken trigger looked like a washboard, the trigger pull was stiff and rough.

I sanded the washboard off the trigger bar and gave it a good polish, the pull dropped a few pounds and the got as smooth as silk. You can see the washboard on the part I didn't polish.
tc rough trigger.JPG

Deleted, moving to another thread, where more appropriate.

Last edited:
Interesting that yours has a patch box. I didn't know the Cherokees came with them. I cleaned and polished the sear and tumbler on mine and the pull is much better. I've poured some balls and am dying to get out and see how it shoots.
If it is like ours it shoots better than my ability to shoot it.
I wish it were a tad heavier, but it is perfect for my slight of frame significant other. I have some modern small bore carbines that have more mass to them.

Back