• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small caliber Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious...anybody ever replace a TC Renegade barrel with a smaller caliber, say .32? I bought one used years ago and was never impressed with it. But it sure would make a neat little plinker

At one time, I had every drop in barrel that was available for a T/C Renegade. The .32 barrels were accurate, but very heavy (6+lbs) for field use. I still have a .36 cal barrel that is heavy, but not too heavy. It too is very accurate, and I use it mostly for called in coyotes. The .32 I had was set up for target work from the bench with a vernier tang site and globe front site. I could put 5 shots into a dime at 25 yards with that gun from the bench using 20 grains of 3f and a full caliber (.320) ball with a .010 greased patch.

At one time, I had every drop in barrel that was available for a T/C Renegade. The .32 barrels were accurate, but very heavy (6+lbs) for field use. I still have a .36 cal barrel that is heavy, but not too heavy. It too is very accurate, and I use it mostly for called in coyotes. The .32 I had was set up for target work from the bench with a vernier tang site and globe front site. I could put 5 shots into a dime at 25 yards with that gun from the bench using 20 grains of 3f and a full caliber (.320) ball with a .010 greased patch.
Does anyone still offer small caliber drop in barrels that you know of?

Check with Tip Curtis he may still have some. He advertises in Muzzle Blast, I don’t have his number handy however.

If he doesn’t have a drop in ask if he has any GM . 32 barrels , I know he has the plugs, under ribs , screws and such.

As too .32.Renegades, I had a Renegade I put a .32,GM drop in barrel on, it was a tack driver...

But you needed wheels on it, I think those barrels were 1”x 32” . A lot of steel, with a little hole.

Got one .40 bore Renegade left.
28" barrel. The weight isn't bad.

The other small bore was 38" long, the kind of bar you want trying to get a stump out of the ground. It got turned into to a .52 bore for paper patching fifty caliber rifle molds and renamed Navarone. Slightly misleading because it doesn't have radar ranging but hey, it's the spirit that counts.

Last edited:
If you get a .32 drop in and it is too heavy at 32", cut 10 inches off and regrown and add a front sight. Then you can make a nice .32 target/squirrel pistol to match the rifle.

Latest posts

Back