• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jarhead

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum and ask away! We all started sometime! Marine Corp huh? We won't hold that against you, lol.
Neil
US Army Veteran 45 yrs ago!

SEMPER FI and welcome I also am a older MARINE vet 74-81 Sgt. lots of info. here
Come early stay late and enjoy, U,S,N,23 YEARS 4 MONTHS AND 15 DAYS A.E.C.S. (AW) RETIRED Oct 1966- Jan1990

Hello everybody! Wishing you all well.

I am a veteran of the Marine Corps (51 years ago). Also, I am interested in learning about the muzzleloading world.

I am about to purchase my first muzzleloader, so I will probably ask a lot of questions, be patient, please.

I am sure that I will enjoy talking with You,

Jarhead
Welcome from Idaho. USMC 1st Bn. 11th Marines Viet Nam Nov 67 - Nov 68
You have struck the treasure trove of the muzzle loader world. These shooters have done it and if they haven't, it can't be done. I would think the most important part of learning this sport is reading. There is so much information in these posts. You will find numerous ways to find the right rifle, to load and shoot a rifle, and to give the correct excuse if you miss your target. You just have to find the one that fits you. And that is where reading comes in. There is no stupid question, but there can be mistakes if you don't bother to ask. I warn you though, once you get into muzzle stuffin, you will be hooked and will not want for any other type of rifle

I like to hear from you vets. Much respect coming for you all, regardless of rank or service. We all served our country proudly.

hey Redmoon, thanks for reminding me about the crayons. By the way, you must like this forum, who do you have read it to you?... haha.

Hello everybody! Wishing you all well.

I am a veteran of the Marine Corps (51 years ago). Also, I am interested in learning about the muzzleloading world.

I am about to purchase my first muzzleloader, so I will probably ask a lot of questions, be patient, please.

I am sure that I will enjoy talking with You,

Jarhead
Open arms in this squad bay !
Way overboard on knowledge and skill here.
You will be well pleased.
Paul. K 3/9. 69-71

Welcome brother, I'm pretty new to the hobby myself. Lots of info here though! i was a Marine as well, 2X Iraq Vet, 3/5 Lima 05-09 Get Some!

Daleallen,

I'd like to see photos of your Manton shotgun. I have had mine since 1990. The only regret is someone in refinishing the stock, sanded off the checkering.

I have purchased the Manton, and am currently awaiting delivery. Who knows how long that will take. Very excited.

i wonder if you shoot your shotgun? If so can we converse? I am new to muzzleloading, so I have lots of questions.

dale

Corpsmen were and are number one on my list the ones we had attached to 1/4 Marines, 3rd Mar. Div. were just as gung ho as we were wow that was a lot of years ago. Also here's to the doctors and nurses at the hospital down south at Iwukini Okinawa spent 33 days with folks top class care.

Hey I made a mistake on the location on the hospital where I went, Had a 80 lbs. labadore barking to go on his evening stroll, it was near Kadena air base, zuckaran, Iwukini that is where we stopped to fuel the air plane on the trip over any one remember FLYING TIGER AIR LINES we flew out of MCAS EL-TORO Calif. to Anchorage Alaska then Iwukini Japan before finally arriving at Kadena took a 6 bye to Camp Hansen was there a total of about 10 hours before boarding the U.S.S. DUBUQE for the republic of, you old grunts know the rest of the story.

Latest posts

Back