• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Pietta 3-1/4 inch Brass-Framed Avenging Angel .44 Caliber 1860 Navy Grip -- $225 Shipped

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Folks:
Several months back, I bought a Pietta brass-framed Buntline.
I really just wanted the barrel, so after taking it off, and putting it on a steel-framed gun I use at Cowboy matches, I was left with this barrel-less brass-framed almost-a-gun.
My gunsmith cut down an 1860 barrel to 3-1/4", dovetailed in a front sight, and presto, a cute little "Avenging Angel"
I have a dozen steel framed snubbies in my collection, so this one I didn't shoot at matches.
Now, I am down-sizing, so I'm selling all my display pieces.
Marked "CN" = 2015 manufacture date.
Browned cylinder.
Shot very little, if at all.
It came with a browned 12" barrel, which I sold to Maddman
Pietta cap guns have always been good about exchanging parts.
Shipped to you Priority Mail, Insured (where legal) for $225
Thanks for looking
--Dawg
snubDSC_0001.jpg
snubDSC_0002.jpg
snubDSC_0003.jpg
snubDSC_0004.jpg

Hi:
No Rammer.
I have always used a Powder Inc. cylinder loader, on all my percussion revolvers.
Or you could use a piece of appropriately sized dowel or an old short starter.
.44, 451 or 454 balls
The rule of thumb has always been:
451 Pietta
454 Uberti
457 Ruger
Thanks
--Liugi

Thank you. The cylinder loader #2 is exactly what I am looking for. I have an 1848 Uberti pocket model in 31 caliber. The cylinder loader #2 will make it real easy to load the balls! Now if only I can find capper that will work. I am thinking the snail style?

Last edited:
I have always used Ted Cash straight-line cappers on mine. I prefer them to snail cappers. But, I must be an oddball, cuz lots of shooters like the snail cappers.
--Dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back