• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tennessee rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wanted to show off my new rifle that I bought with some of my stimulus money. Haven't shot it yet but have plans for the weekend.

Attachments

• 20200423_181122.jpg
    20200423_181122.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 385
Great lookin gun! Now get thee to thine range and fling some lead

Wanted to show off my new rifle that I bought with some of my stimulus money. Haven't shot it yet but have plans for the weekend.

Very, very nice. looks like a game getter, meat on the table.
I paid the rent, taxes, and finally got more flour and beans with the stimulus money I didn't and am not going to get.

It's a .50 caliber. New, old stock discontinued model. Made by Traditions. I have been searching the internet and only came up with one dealer that actually had one in stock. I was able to try a few shots yesterday. Patched. 490 round ball, 60 grains of 3f.
Seems to hit about 5 inches to the right, elevation was good, distance was 50 yards. Going to up the charge to 70 grains to see what happens, maybe work up to 80.

My 1/66 rifles shoot ball great....not so much conical. Those with 1/48 shoot great plains bullets quite well. Good luck... have fun...would like to hear if your experience differs
Glenn

I always liked the looks of that rifle for treestand hunting and long days of stalking,
About the time I decided to buy they disappeared!

I have one with a 1/32 twist for conicals, called Traditions and they may still have a RB barrell for $135.00. Plan to pick it up. Have not shot mine much at all, love the looks and the way it carries in the field though.

IMO they are very "easy on the eye"; quite handsome, actually. I've handled them and liked the way they felt and mounted on the shoulder. They get an "A plus" as a brush rifle.

Back