• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Replica Remington 1858 NMA Accuracy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, restriction at the barrel/frame junction. A few of the Remingtons that I have checked have had choke. The Uberti that I checked also had tight places at the dovetails for the sight and loading lever retention latch.

Choke isn't much of an issue for guys that just like to go play at the range, or walk around the woods...but if you get serious about paper, you will almost always gain accuracy from a good hand lapping.

To check it, Just take a .490 Round ball and drive it down the clean barrel with a wooden dowel. Then re-insert the ball back into the muzzle and slowly push it through the barrel and you will feel any tight spots. A good practice is to add a 12 o'clock timing mark to the ball so you align the ball to the same lands every time.

My "Competition" is against myself and Game in the art of Black Powder Handgun Hunting. I have successfully accurately used my Uberti Remington NMA revolver with my 240 grain VKV BG 456 Universal Bullet at 25 Meters it took just one shot against an enraged charging Wild Boar using 25 grains of Triple Seven 3F powder and no fillers.

The Uberti Remington NMA is a well made potentially accurate percussion revolver. Enclosed is a picture of my Universal Bullets series which is currently in 44 and 36 calibers. The 240 grain VKV BG 456-240 grain 44/45 caliber stepped RFN bullet which I took the Wild Boar with one shot using my Uberti Remington NMA is the second bullet from the left side of the picture.
FB_IMG_1543867822085.jpg

10XPistol. Obviously you are already a competition shooter but did not mention if you actually shoot in MLAIC or NMLRA matches. Since I am not sure I want to throw a reminder out there just "in case". I do not shoot in MLAIC matches just NMLRA matches. In those matches which require "As Issue" revolver the RSO will check your revolver to see that it meets those criteria. No trigger stops and correct front and rear sights, etc.

Thanks! I’ve been kicking around thoughts, options, and ideas. I’ve asked a lot of questions to my friends and mentors and some here. I know I want to assemble a set of traditional pistols (cap, flint and revolver).

I already have a great shooting 1851 Navy so I decided to stick with that for now - I will get a Remington eventually. But I moved on to looking for a single shot, either cap or flint because I don’t have anything that fits the traditional format for that. I did however finally decide on what to buy and I will be posting about it when it arrives. Needless to say I’m very excited.

I was a pistol shooting competitor at friendship (NMLRA) for a few years. Had a lot of fun, shot hard, and devoted a lot time to it. Over time the fun started to fade a little. I moved on to another sport that to my surprise sort of ended up filling up a lot of my time. Now muzzleloading is the the fun hobby again. But my guns are more of the “unmentionable type” for this forum. They’re are the “open/custom” type of competitive arms used at friendship. And I’ve had plenty of time and fun with those. My interest now is to the traditional/international format.

Thanks all for the help and responses. Much appreciated.

Back