• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Charles Moore Blued vs Stainless..???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10XPistol

32 Cal
Reaction score
I was looking at the Pedersoli Charles Moore pistols (both flint and percussion) and I notice the Pedersoli page only has some stainless (or chrome or in the white) models pictured but Dixie Gun Works has some blued models listed. I can't find anywhere that lists what the difference is... They both have single set triggers. There is a price difference it seems but the visible difference is the finish. Perhaps one has a better barrel than the other? Match grade barrel perhaps?I don't know. Does anyone here happen to know more about this? Thank you

The difference to the best of my knowledge is the finish of the barrel.
And I am not sure but the stainless barrel, I have a Le Page cal .31 after 33 years shows some sings of wear.
le page lauf.jpg

I have the "stainless" flintlocks and the blued percussion locks.

I don't think it is a real stainless finish but possibly a nickle plating. Anyway, the "stainless" or whatever you want to call it, has the convenience of the hooked breech.

The blued percussion locks that I have do not have the hooked breech.

As to Le Page Flint lock pistol, I have two sets of them of different production years. One barrel smooth bore, the other rifled

One browned barrels and one stainless barrels. The barrels (four) are of the hooked style.

On the homepage of Pedersoli only the stainless variant is shown. Emphasis is that in the target version the barrel ist hooked. The picture of the blued version on a German muzzle loader shops looks as if the blued barrel is of the tang type.

My only complaint about them is that the front sights need to be taller. They all shoot high. They are extremely accurate but just put the balls too high on the target.

I'm on the lookout for aftermarket front sights that fit those dovetails but are much higher.

A fellow National Champion, Jason Gregoire (One of our brave army a.m.u. heros now in quarantine ) just called me with this question. No stainless, maybe nickel ,chrome or in the white. Have owned and shot many Pedersoli match pistols over the years. I have yet to find one not capable or proven to win Gold at the Nationals in High Master class by any on a good day. A couple weeks before this crud went down I went to Dixie G.W. to buy a new 36 Rem. Uberti. I spent the next few hours handling and dry firing with bumpers every type of match BP pistol in stock. The Ped. C.Moore types seem the same except for finish. Both winners with one caveat. To win at the highest level some tuning will be needed...c

Latest posts

Back