• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN David Pedersoli Kodiak Double Rifle .58 Cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMcK

32 Cal
Reaction score
I purchased this Davide Pedersoli Kodiak .58 from a safe queen sale. As far as I can tell, it has never been fired (but I am not sure because there was no information available on the rifle). I have run patches through both bores and they came out spotless. The same with the pipe cleaners; ran the pipe cleaners through the nipples and they came back spotless. I had purchased this rifle to use in Africa, but I haven't been back in 6 years. I am selling this rifle to clean out my safe of weapons that I haven't fired or use. The rear pop up sight (picture 5) is missing a small screw and the white is off the triangle aiming point.

It is a beautiful elegant looking rifle and I hate to get rid of it. I am also thinking about selling my Davide Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawkins .50 (purchased from Cabelas) as it has never been used either.

Price: $1200 (or if you live in Georgia near Alpharetta, it is $1191.39 and two Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwiches and a large diet lemonade. Also be ready to talk about hunting, international trout fishing, offshore fishing, competition pistol shooting and politics).

Kodiak .58_001.jpg
Kodiak .58_002.jpg
Kodiak .58_003.jpg
Kodiak .58_004.jpg
Kodiak .58_005.jpg
Kodiak .58_006.jpg
Kodiak .58_007.jpg
Kodiak .58_008.jpg
Kodiak .58_009.jpg
Kodiak .58_0010.jpg

Jerry:

Just measured it at 28 inches. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, but have been busy.

Best regards,
Mike

Honestly Sir, I dont know the answer to your question. I would assume that the twist is probably 1 to 48 inches, but will have to check on the Pedersoli website to see what the actual twist is. Of course, I cant check right now because the McKinzie Household Prison Warden (wife) is forcing me to multiple task with other issues at the moment.

Regards,
Mike

Mr. Griz44mag:

I do like a 54 cal. However, I was looking to sell this weapon as I have another (new unfired) Pedersoli Hawkins 50 that is sitting in my safe. I mostly (99.95%) bow hunt when I am in the US and have time. Take a shot and send me a picture.

Regards,
Mike

Mr. Griz44mag:

I do like a 54 cal. However, I was looking to sell this weapon as I have another (new unfired) Pedersoli Hawkins 50 that is sitting in my safe. I mostly (99.95%) bow hunt when I am in the US and have time. Take a shot and send me a picture.

Regards,
Mike
I think that was Trusty that offered the 54. I had sent a PM.

Honestly Sir, I dont know the answer to your question. I would assume that the twist is probably 1 to 48 inches, but will have to check on the Pedersoli website to see what the actual twist is. Of course, I cant check right now because the McKinzie Household Prison Warden (wife) is forcing me to multiple task with other issues at the moment.

Regards,
Mike
Use .58 conical they shoot great! Never had much luck with ball.

Hi ,I just read your note,I'll post pictures of my 54 pedersoli as soon as it gets light thanks trusty-58
My wife wants the 54,iLL have to wait on a 58, here is some pictures tho,these are fine guns!

Attachments

• IMG_20200414_134249.jpg
    IMG_20200414_134249.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200414_134619.jpg
    IMG_20200414_134619.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200414_134327.jpg
    IMG_20200414_134327.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20200414_135332.jpg
    IMG_20200414_135332.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20200414_134730.jpg
    IMG_20200414_134730.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 96
I believe the newer Kodiak is called the Mark IV. It has a tang mounted peep, a recoil pad, & the barrels are 24". It's also almost two pounds lighter & more balanced. I see new ones advertised for less than $1400, so getting $1200 for the older model may be a challenge. Getting both barrels to shoot to the same point at a particular distance takes quite a bit of "trial & error", but they are sure fun to shoot.

In my original post (see below), I mistakenly said that my other Pedersoli is a Rocky Mountain Hawkins......that is incorrect. My other Pedersoli is actually a Missouri River Hawkins. I am dropping the price for the Kodiak .58 to $1000, but the other stipulation remains regarding the Chik Fil A spicy chicken sandwiches and the diet lemonade.

I purchased this Davide Pedersoli Kodiak .58 from a safe queen sale. As far as I can tell, it has never been fired (but I am not sure because there was no information available on the rifle). I have run patches through both bores and they came out spotless. The same with the pipe cleaners; ran the pipe cleaners through the nipples and they came back spotless. I had purchased this rifle to use in Africa, but I haven't been back in 6 years. I am selling this rifle to clean out my safe of weapons that I haven't fired or use. The rear pop up sight (picture 5) is missing a small screw and the white is off the triangle aiming point.

It is a beautiful elegant looking rifle and I hate to get rid of it. I am also thinking about selling my Davide Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawkins .50 (purchased from Cabelas) as it has never been used either.

Price: $1200 (or if you live in Georgia near Alpharetta, it is $1191.39 and two Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwiches and a large diet lemonade. Also be ready to talk about hunting, international trout fishing, offshore fishing, competition pistol shooting and politics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back