• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Baby Wipes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer 756

40 Cal.
Reaction score
:thumb: Was given a new way of cleaning my front end loader, was asked to try baby wipes. Boy was that a great thing to use. Has any one else tried wipes. This was not done for final cleaning but used as a swab during shooting.

I have used disinfectant wipes for cleaning now for a few years. They work great.

Fleener

When you think about what those little disposable miracle clothes were made to clean up then everything else probably just makes sense.

Now here is the conundrum that I'm attempting to ponder.

We get into muzzle-loading because we like to do some things the old fashioned way. We like the challenge and the nostalgia of shooting a firearm that gives off a pungent odor whilst being enveloped in white clouds of smoke that permeate our clothes and our nostrils. We get our hands dirty with black powder fouling. It gets underneath our finger nails and stains our fingers if we shoot a lot.

Now we are using a modern alternative to wiping a baby's bottom of really pungent %$#@^ to clean an old fashioned firearm of %$#@^ that isn't as offensive.

I am the oldest in the family and I remember the days when I had to change my kid sisters' diapers and we didn't have baby wipes! Those were cloth diapers with safety pins mind you!

So here's my conundrum; I would bet that maybe half you people reading this have never changed a cloth diaper with safety pins and no baby wipes. So why don't you guys try it once or twice to feel the nostalgia?

1587865624245.png

Y'all are going to drive me to drinking, talking about cleaning a muzzleloader with flushable baby wipes that really aren't flushable and don't fully clean your gun.

Try M.A.P. and an old T- shirt, much cheaper, better and won't piss off your sanitation engineer.
P.S. and don't flush either one.

:doh:

No kids for me yet but grew up in cloth nappies.

I don’t really care about using traditional methods for day to day shooting. If I was going to a proper event then I would use traditional though.

I don’t care about the traditional methods, either. You have to draw a line somewhere and modern things just help out and are far more practical. I’ve also heard lense wipes from Zeiss work well. Also I’ve read of folks using paper towels as cleaning patches, though in these times, one may as well seek out and use frog hair!

When you think about what those little disposable miracle clothes were made to clean up then everything else probably just makes sense.

Now here is the conundrum that I'm attempting to ponder.

We get into muzzle-loading because we like to do some things the old fashioned way. We like the challenge and the nostalgia of shooting a firearm that gives off a pungent odor whilst being enveloped in white clouds of smoke that permeate our clothes and our nostrils. We get our hands dirty with black powder fouling. It gets underneath our finger nails and stains our fingers if we shoot a lot.

Now we are using a modern alternative to wiping a baby's bottom of really pungent %$#@^ to clean an old fashioned firearm of %$#@^ that isn't as offensive.

I am the oldest in the family and I remember the days when I had to change my kid sisters' diapers and we didn't have baby wipes! Those were cloth diapers with safety pins mind you!

So here's my conundrum; I would bet that maybe half you people reading this have never changed a cloth diaper with safety pins and no baby wipes. So why don't you guys try it once or twice to feel the nostalgia?

View attachment 29599
Remember it well. One of the kids let loose with a runny 2. missed me and stained the wall behind! :) .

Will have to try on muzzleloaders. Has anyone used them to clean the flint and frizzen? Just started with flintlocks and always struggle initially getting a spark?

Nope, before i shoot just a patch with alcohol to wipe frizzen/flint to remove any oil. When frizzen/flint get dirty i usually just use lil spit on finger to clean both then dry with a rag....good to go and no problem with ignition. Also make sure your flints are sharp and tight in the jaws.

Those lil alcohol wipes in the packet work good for out hunting. They are small and take up lil room.

Hey guys, they make self cleaning underwear now, maybe if you cut those up for ball patching you would never have to clean your gun ever again.

Latest posts

Back