• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Japanese tower pistol replica stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather doubt the makers thought it was to be used , they where cheap & cheerfull priced accordingly . But they will work up to be well enough considering .
Rudyard

I bought two of these pistols. I paid $25 for one and $10 for another. Both had been wallhangers and never fired. One had been on full cock for over 25 years. The metal parts inside the locks had never been hardened and the springs were toast. I had a bunch of spare Siler parts from other locks. So to fix the locks I removed all the original stuff and scrapped it. Fortunately, the Siler Cock fit into the hole in the lock plate well enough. I drilled and tapped new holes in the plate so the Siler parts would work. They both eventually became something that would shoot. Accuracy was not part of the deal though. The best load that I found that worked was buckshot. At 12 feet I could mark up a target board sometimes.

I sold one to a "Pyrate" reenactor (Ahrrrr). Can't remember what happened to the other.

They were something interesting to play with. I get the connection with the Uncle and the desire to fix them up to honor his memory. Just know that these pistols are barely worth the effort to repair outside of the sentiments.

keep all screws & pins tight when you are done and start shooting it. check often and at reassembly after cleaning.

Latest posts

Back