• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What I do during "Lockdown".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished a horn that I was working on wanted something that may have been made by a hunter on the frontier, how do you post pictures there is a bunch of things I have made but do not know how to post them. Any help will be appreciated.

Well our governor just give us another 30 days of lockdown. Like that's going to work. Things are getting mighty uneasy in the great state of Illinois. Only thing keeping me home is the fact that all the places I usually go are closed.
Another 30.......manure

Who knows when Maryland will open up but I did see where some states are opening golf courses, anyone interested in a round of fly ball say with the fowlers. We could hide in the bushes and zap em as they wizz bye.

Needed a little wooden mallet so I made one
t%akAFN6TNGcreYn3BRCGA.jpg

What else can you do in a lockdown? BREW!!! On top of all the hard cider maturing up here in the office, I try to keep 15 gallons of brew behind my "Dad chair". As fast as it gets bottled and moved to the root cellar, another carboy moves in. I try to keep 50 gallons in stock in the the root cellar.
A peek back there today reveals 10 gallons of IPA, and 5 gallons of Imperial stout this month. The stout, wrapped for light with a shirt, will be bottled, then aged for the 2021 football season. Serve with a big screen TV and venison bratwurst with onions. GO PACK GO!

Attachments

• 002 (1024x768).jpg
    002 (1024x768).jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 77
Well, I guess except for maybe adding a strap to it, I guess I am done with this bullet bag. It is small, but it has fifty .433 round balls in it.

Attachments

• F1A0A0E3-7F3E-4A49-853F-DC2722E88285.jpeg
    F1A0A0E3-7F3E-4A49-853F-DC2722E88285.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 26A55AE1-A2D5-4FE4-B3C7-24D110CBA92C.jpeg
    26A55AE1-A2D5-4FE4-B3C7-24D110CBA92C.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 75
I went to my local gravel pit this afternoon with a couple of rifles that didn't do well the last time I was on a trail shoot. Wanted to check out what was wrong with the sights. From my portable bench rest, also known as a Workmate clone, they are both printing dead center and 1 or 1 1/2 high at about 25 yards. Now I know the rifles are fine so it must be the old guy. Good news/bad news. If it was the rifle I could fix it. Maybe another 500 rounds through the air rifle in my garage?

Finally got a clear calm day last Friday to take my newly built .32 cal. Pedersoli to the range. Very impressed with it's performance right off the bat. 1st round at 50 yds was 2 1/2" high and 1/2" right. Next shot was right beside it. Rear sight was down on the barrel so I couldn't drop it anymore. Started compensating for the high shots and after 8 shots I put one in the bullseye. I understand that you want zero to be a couple of inches high at 25 yds. But I ordered a higher front sight to bring point of impact down. I want to be able to adjust my hits with the sights and not by compensating by shooting low to hit center at 25 yds. Shooting 20 grams of fff with ffff in pan. Normally shoot Pyrodex but this rifle will see nothing but actual black powder. This was the first time I actually shot the rifle for accuracy from a bench. Had shot it before just to make smoke.

Back