• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your warm welcome in this forum and some who have been in Germany have been in the better part of former West Germany land scape.

I live at the outside of the Ruhrgebiet which has niece green spots though it is an area where one big city goes over into another beg city and you may not recognize that you just crossed a boundary. If you look at Dortmund, Bochum, Gelsenkirchen, Essen, Duisburg.

I want to say Hello from far away of the other side of the Atlantic, from Germany deep in the West.

I like black powder and muzzle loaders, cowboy action shooting, self bows and bead work.

I forgot in the list above, collecting original and neo-classical revolver and rifles of North-America until construction year 1900.
Welcome from Maryland! I watch a guy on YouTube from Germany who builds his own guns from scratch. Home made history. Great videos! I was in Germany last November on vacation. It was great.
KIMG0327.JPG

Last edited:
Howdy from Nevada friend!
I lived in Wiesbaden for a spell back in the early 80s, US Army, and my father's parents came from Germany, Black Forest area.
I recall there was a right friendly Native American couple who had a shop in Mainz, I think or maybe Frankfurt? Anyway, long time ago, my oldest daughter was born in Germany....I miss it much, many Wunderbar memories!

Wiesbaden is within Hessen and the home of the "Deutsche Schützenbund".

Some very good friends of Cowboy Action shooting and firearms collecting are Hessen.
LOL, there is a reenacmend group of the "Hessische Jäger" of the revolutionary war.
Hessische Jaeger

Black Forest is a really nice region and if you know the right spots apart the tourist destinations even more.

Thank you for your warm welcome in this forum and some who have been in Germany have been in the better part of former West Germany land scape.

I live at the outside of the Ruhrgebiet which has niece green spots though it is an area where one big city goes over into another beg city and you may not recognize that you just crossed a boundary. If you look at Dortmund, Bochum, Gelsenkirchen, Essen, Duisburg.
Welcome from North Central Ohio! Good to have you aboard!

My great grandfather was born and imegrated from the Holstein part of Germany. They came to the US right around 1900. He spoke German and Danish. I think my grandfather was born there also but I think he was a child when they came over.

I want to say Hello from far away of the other side of the Atlantic, from Germany deep in the West.

I like black powder and muzzle loaders, cowboy action shooting, self bows and bead work.

I forgot in the list above, collecting original and neo-classical revolver and rifles of North-America until construction year 1900.
I love Germany. Was stationed there from 1958 to 1961.
Now in Texas.
Sandhill Jack

Hello Broken Arrow from the Centre of England.. Happy memories of a Little range at Schwabisch Hall in 1974 and later 2 trips to Pforzheim in the 80's and a bit of time buying Machines in Duren. in 1956.Old Dog..

Hello Broken Arrow from the Centre of England.. Happy memories of a Little range at Schwabisch Hall in 1974 and later 2 trips to Pforzheim in the 80's and a bit of time buying Machines in Duren. in 1956.Old Dog..

range of CVJS Dueren, there would have been "Landesmeisterschaft" Pistol, Revolver and Flint lokc Pistol without Corona. Very bad.

I had hoped to qualify for German Championship at Pforzheim with the Flint lokc Rifle and the Musket. Competiton at Mayen-Hausen is cancelled too.

England, I remember an Army range in the area of Salisburry Hill shooting the Sten submachinegun and a march through Dartmoor.

Latest posts

Back