• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A little newbie help to make a back sight by hand.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This post is not for the seasoned shooters/builders here, but for the ones that are learning and thinking about trying their skills in the muzzleloading hobby. I am not a machinist, but learned a long time ago that a lot of small parts can be made with a good old hacksaw and some files. A dremel tool with a stone is also handy. I just finished a back sight for a rifle in the works. The 3/4" steel block is the material I started with. I used a hacksaw and
vice to ruff cut it out. The tooling can all be done with a file, emery, dremel, and sharpening stone. A front sight is a whole lot less work of course.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

IMG_2397.jpeg
IMG_2396.jpeg
IMG_2401.jpeg

This post is not for the seasoned shooters/builders here, but for the ones that are learning and thinking about trying their skills in the muzzleloading hobby. I am not a machinist, but learned a long time ago that a lot of small parts can be made with a good old hacksaw and some files. A dremel tool with a stone is also handy. I just finished a back sight for a rifle in the works. The 3/4" steel block is the material I started with. I used a hacksaw and
vice to ruff cut it out. The tooling can all be done with a file, emery, dremel, and sharpening stone. A front sight is a whole lot less work of course.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

View attachment 29308View attachment 29309View attachment 29310
Nice job 👍

Back