• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabela's not shipping bp guns anymore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many good people that have made mistakes in their younger years and are forever banished, prohibited, and punished from legally having a firearm again from some non violent conviction.

Generally, I think in states that prohibit muzzleloaders to felons, it applies to violent felons.

criminals don't screw up nothing. it is the gun owners that do that. by constantly puking out "I am a law abiding citizen" which is music to the ears of anti gun pols. so they pass law after law and ram them down the throats of "law abiding gun owners". even the fat guy down south that made that speech to the town council made famous by gun owners now is getting into the govt he said in the speech if you ban my guns as a "law abiding gun owner" I WILL TURN THEM IN. why did the pro gunners make him into a hero for?

I’m not sure I understand this...
I think the meaning is that the gun owners are convincing the anti gunners that the only thing needed is to pass laws to get rid of firearms and the gun owners will go along with it? Would the anti gunners back off if gun owners convinced them that outlawing guns would create a class of new felons that number in the millions?

We live in a divided country one-half pro-gun the other not. The anti-gun end game is to ban all guns! When companies like Walmart, Sportmans Wherehouse, Cabela's that are going PC we need to send a message and stop supporting them at the cash register and spend our money with company's that support our right to own guns.

Last edited:
51colt, true but I disagree with calling them PC. From my point of view they are PIC-Politically InCorrect. 😀 If they were PC by my standards this thread wouldn't have ever had to get started.

We live in a divided country one-half pro-gun the other not. The anti-gun end game is to ban all guns! When companies like Walmart, Sportmans Wherehouse, Cabela's that are going PC we need to send a message and stop supporting them at the cash register and spend our money with company's that support our right to own guns.

I don’t disagree, but I think cabelas is still selling, that hasn’t changed, just not shipping. I’m still not sure it’s due to shipping to a person that shouldn’t have a BP gun, due to the fact you can go into the PA Cabelas, pick up a BP pistol which in not even behind the counter (I know cause I did last year) and walk to the register no questions asked. So, why not ship to those states that allow, beats me.

When companies like Walmart, Sportmans Wherehouse, Cabela's that are going PC we need to send a message and stop supporting them at the cash register and spend our money with company's that support our right to own guns.

That will only harm the gun industry, and help anti-gunners.
Walmart, Sportsman's warehouse, Cabela's Bass pro, Dicks etc. most likely sell more stuff than everyone else combined.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face .

MY problem is they choose not to ship BP guns where it is legal to do so. This is just my opinion I choose to support companies that support me.

Most likely, there is a lot more to it than just that.
Don't be so quick to pass judgement. Don't be easily swayed or manipulated.

I am not saying stop buying guns. Just buy them from like-minded companies then they will be selling more guns and ammo than Walmart, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's Bass Pro, Dicks, etc.

I am not saying stop buying guns. Just buy them from like-minded companies then they will be selling more guns and ammo than Walmart, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's Bass Pro, Dicks, etc.
First off let me say that walmart only controls about 2% of the gun market, and 20% of the ammo market.
So;
1. It wont affect walmarts bottom line.
2. Consolidtion of the market is bad for the consumer,
3. If you stop buying from Walmart etc. then you prove their policy decision right.
If they don't have or no longer sell what you want, be sure to ask for it.
4. Demand drives decisions.

I could go on, but by now you should get the point.

First off let me say that walmart only controls about 2% of the gun market, and 20% of the ammo market.
So;
3. If you stop buying from Walmart etc. then you prove their policy decision right.

You could also support your local gun store.

I might not be a problem for allot of people but if you don't have a local Cabelas, then it could be.
You should be able to have any gun shipped to a local gun store. You might have to pay a shipping fee. If it is a good deal it might be worth it. I live in Ohio and we do not do background checks for muzzleloaders, at least as of today.

So;

There are many mom & pop type gun stores that would love to have your business. If Walmart does not want to sell to us then forget them. Small, independent shops will usually give you better overall service. If you need a gunsmith I don't think Walmart can help you. If you have a question about your newly acquired gun the small shop will probably be better able to help you. A clerk at Walmart that sells you a gun probably works most of their time in another department and will not be able to help you.

There are many mom & pop type gun stores that would love to have your business.

Yes, in some areas, some areas there are not. or cannot or will not compete or carry the same products.
Guns are very much a niche or boutique market.
I am for all.

In my local town there use to be 3 places to buy, now there is only one. For a time, there was none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back