• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabela's not shipping bp guns anymore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a C&B revolver from DGW Thursday 4/9 at 2:48 AM. I received notice of shipping, with a tracking number for the USPS at 3:15 PM the same day. A little over 12 hours. The pistol was in my mailbox this morning. Now that's service.

Kudos to Dixie and the U.S. Postal Service, especially in these troubled times.

Dixie is also extremely easy to work with on returns. Great folks.

Yes they are. I bought a revolver from them some years back. I accidentally broke a piece on it. They sent me a new one no questions asked and free of charge. It took awhile because of back order but like I said, it was free of charge.

Dixie is the dealer I went to when cabelas wouldn’t sell to me online or ship to store. There was a bit of a hiccup with them on shipping my Kentucky out, (messed up slip sent to the shipping dept) but, on the phone with, I think it was Joe, and checked and called me back and got it out the same day..EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE from Dixie and they have a customer who will go back.
As for Cabelas, I will still by accessories from them. Also if I ever get back to being able to travel, will stop in when I’m close enough. It’s still an exciting store for me..

I'm in the San Diego area, I ordered from them a few years ago and ups dropped the gun off at my door. The nearest Cabela's store is in Rancho Cucamonga, far further than I would be willing to drive.
I had exactly the same experience. However, that was a couple of years ago.

Just went to their site. I did see the below warning.
I decided to test. Picked out a black powder rifle and took it to the point of needing to enter a CC#.
Stated that shipping to MY ADDRESS was free. No issues for my zip code, here in TN.

Restrictions That May Apply:
Cannot Ship:
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 100
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 111
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 101
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 112
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 871
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 102
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 113
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 103
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 114
  • APO/FPO addresses
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 197
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 110
  • International addresses
  • United States Territories
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 989
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 104
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 017
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 116
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 985
  • United States addresses that have a zip code that starts with 107

Placing the order is when you get the no-no..even put my CC info in. Again, my zip is not there either. NO ship.

Last time i bought a rifle at Cabela's the youngster walked me to the cash holding the box then walked me outside, gave me the box with a "have a nice day". From a safety point of view does that make sense?

Last time i bought a rifle at Cabela's the youngster walked me to the cash holding the box then walked me outside, gave me the box with a "have a nice day". From a safety point of view does that make sense?

Does to me.
I bought one from Walmart and they did the same thing.

I guess they all have the same policy on that, I purchased one at Academy a couple of weeks ago and they do the same thing, gun on my hip didn’t freak anyone out so I wouldn’t figure walking out with a gun box would but it’s no big deal, their house there rules, until they gel all woke and get stupid like Walmart I’ll keep shopping there.

I guess they all have the same policy on that, I purchased one at Academy a couple of weeks ago and they do the same thing, gun on my hip didn’t freak anyone out so I wouldn’t figure walking out with a gun box would but it’s no big deal, their house there rules, until they gel all woke and get stupid like Walmart I’ll keep shopping there.
That's even more crazy. Who even thinks this stuff up and believes it's sensible.

Well I'm a bit shocked this happens in the U.S. I almost don't feel so bad now, I guess nutbar ideas know no borders.

It's because of and in response to "nutbars" that the policy exists. It's a liability issue mostly.
Just think of it as carrying your groceries to your car like they did back in the day.

True... but if they won't ship a product that is legal to ship, then I have no use for them.
Understand, I have less use for them then I did the old Cabela's but they are still useful. I am disappointed that I can no longer buy a blackpowder revolver there but their selection has diminished and I already have all the guns they currently offer anyway.

True... but if they won't ship a product that is legal to ship, then I have no use for them.
The problem is that it is not legal for certain states. Cabela's has to comply with a variety of state laws which differ according to the state. I had a similar experience as akaMOTU…...I did a dummy purchase right up to the CC info and all was good. This situation is the result of a hodgepodge of state laws. Not their fault. And no real similarity to the Dicks situation.

Basspro never was much into selling guns online, I expect Cabela's to become more and more like their owner.
I wonder if part of their reasoning isn't to increase store visits. When you buy something online, you buy only what you want, but when you are in the store you are susceptible to spontaneous purchases.

Hi Guys, The world has gone down the crapper.
Since 9/11 we a Canadian ( good neighbor to the USA ) can no longer buy gun parts from Brownells ( like barrel liners, triggers, hammers levers ) we can still but generic screws and pins ( not firing pins )
Track of the Wolf will no longer sell us muzzleloaders. Dixie will not sell also.
Dixie got me started in this madness.
We can no longer go to the USA to buy powder, primers, .22 ammo, shotshells without being harassed , and fined by US Homeland Security.
I have spent some of my most memorable times at black powder events in years gone by, those days are gone sadly.
In some ways, I am happy that I am up in my years, and know that my days are coming to an end, I hate the thought of this ominous cloud hanging over my head putting an end to my shooting days.
It is sad that all of the law abiding people have to be punished for the wrong doings of the bad, and also have to suffer from over zealous Homeland Security, and lazy incompetent judges.
There are many good people that have made mistakes in their younger years and are forever banished, prohibited, and punished from legally having a firearm again from some non violent conviction.
They need our support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back