• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T-minus 1 week!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Yes indeed, we are a week away from another Indiana Spring turkey season opening!

I made time today to do some pruning in my hidey-hole. Anticipation is running high. I called my work and informed them that dear old Skychief was taking off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Plan being to hunt for a gobbler and if successful, loaf and look for some morels, soaking up all the sunshine and solitude and quiet that I can find!

I'm tempted to take the recurve this year, thinking my hide is closed in enough (MAYBE) to draw on a gobbler before he knows what's happening. We shall see. If I chicken out, the fowler is handy and eager to go. NEVER a poor option.

As many of you know, I have a problem. This time of year makes me giddy, looking so forward to being out with these marvelous creatures. One never knows how these hunts may unfold. Each is so different from the others. Never gets dull.

Knowing that more than likely, one will hear them gobbling is just more to look forward to. Unlike deer hunting, I feel a turkey can pop up, out of nowhere, at any moment. I've seen it happen like magic. That keeps me on the edge of my seat. On the other hand, it's a more laid back endeavor in some ways compared to the deer hunting....

I will have no concern with wind direction, moon phase, mast crops, travel routes, etc, etc. Laid back. Just what I'm looking for a week from now. I think we can all use some warm, sunny weather and a laid back pursuit this Spring, unlike no other in my lifetime!

So here's to all looking for that cocky, love-sick, twenty pounds of feathers this year. May your calls have them come running and your shots be true and deadly. Hoping you all find a heap of relaxation and rejuvenation in the fields and forests this Spring!!

Best regards, Skychief.

Phill, I won't forget the social distancing. Any longbeard closing in on that six-foot mark might find himself in a heap of trouble!

Britsmoothy, I thank you friend. I'll make no promises of recording every moment, but, will manage to catch the highlights, should any present themselves! I'd sure like to have you by my side. Would love to see your eyes as they thunder gobble up close and personal!!

Best regards, Skychief.

Latest posts

Back