• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Dragon side plate

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for an original dragon side plate for a circle fox trade musket. Must be complete and whole. Can be rough, gun its going on is rough.show me what you have, thx.

Hi Eggwelder.

As the Captain says, the guns themselves are very rare, in any condition. Original parts probably more so. But I'll send some emails out to collector friends and see if they can by chance locate one. Good luck.
Rick
DSC00509 (Medium).JPG

My dragon sideplate was found by a local school teacher out with her class at a construction site in a historic area using a metal detector. Her find even made the local news paper. The plate is in great condition with a nice patina but is missing the aft end rear bolt mount beaver tail.

clean it up nice! are u kidding? if you want to clean it up get one from TOTW. every one knows that an original one is best left as found.

I acknowledge all the points, and they are all very good points. I`m just fishing for now, see what’s out there.
i likely will end up using a TOTW plate or lost wax casting one of my own creation.

the gun itself appears to be a restocked or NOS R W barrel in a later mid 1800‘s stock. Barrel was inlet very well. Ramrod channel and pipes done well too. No defined lock panels, serpent not inlet, woodwork finishing rather coarse upon inspection. This is the only one I`ve ever seen and handled so i can`t compare.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back