• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

L&R RPL Lock Pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7shortmag

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone post up some close-up pics of an L&R Flint Lock?
I'm especially interested in the T/C/Hawhen/Renegade model

Pics of both sides if possible
thanks!!

Here is a photograph of an L&R installed in a GPR.
upload_2020-1-10_14-23-1.jpeg

Here are two pictures, one of the installed RPL flintlock on a renegade and one of all the things I had to alter on the TC to get the lock installed. The alterations included; move the barrel back, relocate the lock bolt hole, grind off the back of the breechplug to accommodate the repositioned lock bolt, remove a ton of wood from the lock mortise fit the lock internals and glue in shims to fill the void caused by an undersized lock plate.

renegade mock-up 005.JPG

finished Renegads 001.JPG

Thank you for the pics and fro your replies, Eric. You also replied to my other thread. As I recall, you said you installed the flint lock in to a percussion stock. I intend to replace flintlock to flintlock. Do you think you would have encountered so much work in you were installing the lock in to a flintlock stock?

Everything I mentioned may or may not be necessary, except for the possibly of less inletting for the internals, you will still have a good bit to do because of the mainspring differences between the locks.

When I brought this up a year or so ago I got a lot of feedback, others experiences making the swap ran the gamut of not being that bad to pretty much similar to what I experienced. I found that TCs aren't the cookie cutter duplicates one might expect and vary somewhat depending on who did the final assembly.

So I checked the tracking number on my new lock and it is out for delivery today!!
Flintlock season ends here in PA. on Jan.20, and I will have two full days to get out hunting.
5" to 8" of snow coming tomorrow night in to Saturday.
I have an antlerless tag in my wallet.
Hhhhhhmmmmm.............

Back