• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The Portable Field Omelet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Break two or three eggs into a zip lock bag.
Shake and stir these till they are well mixed.
Then add chopped onions, some broken up pieces of your favorite cheese. pepper perhaps and some chopped up pieces of ham or cooked bacon. Whatever suits your fancy. Shake and mix till its all a mess in the bottom of the bag. t
To Cook place the bag in some boiling water for at least 13 minutes or more till what is now in the bag is in the shape of a Burrito that is no inclined to bend.
Open the bag and let the odd omelet drop on to a plate and eat with a fork.
For overnight camping prepare a number of these bags based on the number you wish to share and store in that box with nice you use to keep your Sassaparilla cold.
It's a lot racier than than the usual hamburger or simple scrambled eggs.
Dutch

I like ketchup and maple syrup on my scrambled eggs or omelettes :D
ONE OF MY GOALS IN LIFE IS TO GET PEOPLE TO FIX SCRAMBLED EGGS MY WAY WHICH IS APPARENTLY DIFFERENT.
MOST FOLKS WHIP OR BEAT THE EGGS WITH SOME MILK. A SMALL AMOUNT/
MY WAY IS TO SKIP THE MILK. MELT A BIT OF BUTTER IN A HEATED PAN AND BREAK TWO OR MORE EGGS WHICH WILL BEGIN TO TURN THE WHITES WHITE. WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT 75% WHITE. THEN SCRAMBLE THEM WITH A FORK OR WHATEVER. INSTEAD OF KETCHUP I WILL OCCASSIONALLY ADD 4 BIG TABLESPOONS OF PREGO THE TOMATOE SAUCE ONE USES FOR SPAGHETTI.
IT'S A WHOLE DIFFERENT FLAVOR THAN THAT WHIP WITH MILK DISASTER.
DUTCH

Break two or three eggs into a zip lock bag.
Shake and stir these till they are well mixed.
Then add chopped onions, some broken up pieces of your favorite cheese. pepper perhaps and some chopped up pieces of ham or cooked bacon. Whatever suits your fancy. Shake and mix till its all a mess in the bottom of the bag. t
To Cook place the bag in some boiling water for at least 13 minutes or more till what is now in the bag is in the shape of a Burrito that is no inclined to bend.
Open the bag and let the odd omelet drop on to a plate and eat with a fork.
For overnight camping prepare a number of these bags based on the number you wish to share and store in that box with nice you use to keep your Sassaparilla cold.
It's a lot racier than than the usual hamburger or simple scrambled eggs.
Dutch
Excellent Idea Dutch!

Gonna definitely try it out my friend.

Thank you!

Respectfully, Cowboy

I've made eggs via Dutch's method, but never with Prego or any other spaghetti sauce. Now, I have used salsa.
SAME DIFFERENCE. ONE IS MEXICAN THE OTHER IS ITALIAN.
MOST OF US HAVE GROWN UP EATING FOOD COOKED BY WOMEN YET ALMOST ALL GREAT CHEFS ARE MEN. WHY IS THAT. WOMEN TEND TO STICK TO THE RECIPE BUT MEN WILL EXPERIMENT. SOMETIMES CREATING DISASTERS BUT OCCASIONALLY A MIRACLE POPS INTO VIEW.
DUTCH

I learned scrambled eggs when I was a kid. My mother had a cook book from the 1930s and that was the instructions for making them sans the sauces.
I do make Mexican southwestern flavored omelets or Italian a lot. Love cherizo and eggs or pepperoni and eggs
Or sausage,ham,bacon,all sorts of mixed veggies, most any sort of cheese, Arab style,egg foo young, scrambled baked boiled poached, raw in beer, egg nog, curry... you know it’s just hard to screw up an egg.

Latest posts

Back