• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shootin After Turkey Day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got to go shootin after Turkey day with the family.

I pulled up to the range, and couldn't believe how many people were waiting to shoot. I finally got a lane on the far right.

The big problem was soooo many high power shooters allowing their brass to fly all over us :cursing: I was constantly being pelted with hot brass from ar15's and auto pistols, and it sucked!

Needless to say I did not stay as long :(

Well here is me and my son shooting. He likes to shoot bp and .22, and I like only bp anymore.

Many of the kids were very interested in the bp rifle I was shooting. I do what I can to tell them all about it

PatandJKshoot.jpg

yep, Mule Brain,
I can identify with getting pelted by .40 caliber brass from high capacity pitols while shooting wheellock at a public range. I surely can!
God bless.
volatpluvia

I personally would never allow my brass to hit and harm others. I told a guy shooting an ar15, that he needed to get a net or brass catcher. He replied ( Yup I know as he kept squeezing that trigger) :cursing:

Same here! The place I normally shoot with my son was crawling with people so I found a quiet stretch of the road on down a ways and tried out some new 777 loads in my Colt .45 clone. I know, were spose to be talkin' muzzleloaders here but it sure was fun seein' that ol' cowboy gun make SMOKE!

Mule Brain said:
The big problem was soooo many high power shooters allowing their brass to fly all over us :cursing: I was constantly being pelted with hot brass from ar15's and auto pistols, and it sucked!

It's times like this that one wishes to be up wind, they may have fire power and hot brass, but you have to be able to breathe to use them, we have a cloud of choaking, noxious gas that will bring tears to the best of them...

We have muzzleloader that make smoke too...

Musketman said:
Mule Brain said:

It's times like this that one wishes to be up wind, they may have fire power and hot brass, but you have to be able to breathe to use them, we have a cloud of choaking, noxious gas that will bring tears to the best of them...

We have muzzleloader that make smoke too...

You mean not everyone loves inhaling that wonderful sulforous smoke? :haha:

Dixie Flinter said:
You mean not everyone loves inhaling that wonderful sulforous smoke? :haha:

I was talking about the 3 alarm chili we had last night, but the sulfur smoke is a good choise too... :haha:

Back