• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A QUESTION ON POWDERHORN STRAPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

32 Cal.
Reaction score
i will be ordering a finger woven powderhorn strap and I have a few questions, I have a F&I lip horn how does one attach the horn to the strap,and the maker does not include fringe unless asked for. should I order it with fringe? Also if I can ask for pictures of your horns and straps it would be neat. (I like to look at neat powderhorns). :thumbsup:
Thank you :thanks:
Robin

Hey Robin

I'm sure you have seen my strap.

mypowderhorn.jpg

I finally got in touch with the guy that made it and of course he ain't making them no more. Got another horn that I am going to use for the rifle (and use this one for the Tulle) that I need a strap for and ain't decided what I want.

Tony

Contact Jane Pigeon at Conner Prairie and she'll weave you a strap with fringes. Just bought a spare one from her last week. Cost me $30.

Robin,

While I like the look of fringe hanging down from a powder horn strap, I do all of mine like Robert L. with the sewn leather ends. I do this because using one in the field with the fringe hanging down only serves to get full of burrs and other clinging type plant seeds.

Harddog

I want to thank everybody for your information it was a big help. Those pictures are great, I have my strap now and it has leather ends. If I can get my son to take a picture I will see if he can post it . Again thanks guys :redthumb:

I perchaced my strap from Susan Wallace it is an indigo finger woven strap. the leather ends I sewed on, I don't know anybody who sells them with leather ends alrerady atached. :sorry:

Back