• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

crazy crow knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
has anyone bought a knife from crazy crow trading? thers a few im considering and was wondering as to the quality of them. i purchased 2 from dixie gun works that were sold as finished but didnt even have the edge ground thinking it was a mistake i sent one back and traded one for a re placement but it was the same as well crazy crows stuff looks good but some of it bears an uncanny resemblance to the maker those 2 were from. just wondering any help would be appreciated

i have gotten two the scalper and the roach knife.the roach knife was fine very good actually but the scalper one the handle jiggled but i fixed that lol but i order from them alot i say go for it :front:

thank you one feather im looking at the taos trapper, kentucky riflemans, and spanish beduque all pretty nice looking pieces just wondered bout them thanks again

I bought one of their rifleman's knives with a Solingen blade and was well pleased with it. I also bought a couple skean dhu's for gifts and was very pleased with them. Right now I'm looking real hard at their early period Scottish dirk. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a knife that size, I just like it.

i was too looking at that dirk just cause im scottish i guess lol.but im always pleased with their hawks and books.but leather and horns is a no no they are way to high for what i get them now lol. :front:

thank you one feather im looking at the taos trapper, kentucky riflemans, and spanish beduque all pretty nice looking pieces just wondered bout them thanks again

Yes...the knives you reference are made in India. Not bad values, but a little on the heavy side. A friend has both the rifleman's knife and the belduque. I have the coffin handled guardless bowie (forget what they call it). The steel is hard but comes without a good edge. The sheaths are worthless. But, for the $$ not bad deals....

yep the sheaths are manure this was from personal use when i first got started.the blades were very heavy on the little roach knives and i can only think about how heavy the other are lol but you do have to work the blade alot and i mean alot but all is well now i just make my own but i liked their kentucky belt axe too :front:

Right now I'm looking real hard at their early period Scottish dirk.

Just to let you know, the dirk in question is a decent show piece, but the steel is too soft to take an edge. The belt loop on the sheath that came with it was falling apart out of the box, and was cheaply made, but was fairly acurate as to the style of the day. A bit of frontier repair made it a decent piece to wear, but not use for any cutting.

:m2c:

Damascus

thanks so know i didnt waste my money i was gonna buy it monday thanks very much :front:

Thanks Damascus. That pretty much makes up my mind. I'll be looking elsewhere for an early dirk.

I think Cold Steel imports or makes a dirk.I cant speak to the quality but it is pretty big and may be usefull if you run into a grizzly or somthing.

I called Cold Steel today, debit card in hand, to order their Scottish Dirk after viewing it on their website. This is a truly awesome blade. Unfortunately, they are out of stock and will not be available until January or later.

I have a knife from Crazy Crow. It had a nice edge to it when I received it. And seems to hold it OK. It's catalog no. 4928-007-002

Cruzatte

Back