• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1795 Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm an Infantryman. The "rifles" of the Infantry arm's crossed rifles symbol are actually US 1795 muskets. I'd like to build a copy of the 1795 but there are no kits or parts available that I know of. Any suggestions on how to start?

You can order from the Rifle Shoppe but the wait may be several years.
The Pedersoli 1795 is a great gun and you'll have that much in building one in the long run.

Also the 1763 Charleville is what the 1795 was based and many reenactors use 1763s in place of 1795s. You may can come across a used 63 Charleville more often than a 1795.

Ive had the same inclination as a fellow grunt. I've scoured the Internet for an affordable one but the above link is about the least expensive I've ever seen. I've never seen a kit to build one. (Let me know if you find it). And thanks for your service

I ordered a First Pattern 1795 Springfield Musket parts set from the Rifle Shoppe. It took 18 months to receive after ordering. Outstanding parts-- very accurately made. I haven't built it yet. I have a coupe of builds to finish before I start on the 1795.
Bill M.

This is one of Horseshoe Bend's Pedersoli 95s. What a great gun! Beautiful, note the curl on the wrist. That one had nice curly Walnut. The Pedersoli is worth every penny.

To be fair I was at Fort Jackson this past fall and gentleman had a 1795 from Veteran Arms. It was a very good gun, the best I have seen of an India import.

As far as building`, Dunlap offers stocks Link Dunlap
That's just the stock all other parts will have to found from other sources.

Back