• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

No Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheape

32 Cal.
Reaction score
But definitely just as exciting, considering this guy is my first!

This fella didn't get 2 beats off the ground about 20 yards through heavy brush, before I rolled him flat. I was smiling ear to ear when I walked through the smoke to see him, that smoke hangs heavy on a calm foggy morning, I LOVE It! I'm hooked.

46" 20 bore TVM French fusil - I used 75gr FFg and equal measure #5 shot that I have made up in handy paper cartridges that serve as an overshot wad once I dump em'. Primed from horn, as that's how I've been practicing and I don't notice any lag time, I'm happy with it.

Just some salt, pepper, and chipotle powder rub, pan on medium high, butter in and browned, breasts in, 2-3 mins each side, DAMNED TASTY! And the one, and best seasoning I now know, and that non-hunters will never know, is the satisfaction of getting out in wild and bringing it home yourself.

Cheape said:
And the one, and best seasoning I now know, and that non-hunters will never know, is the satisfaction of getting out in wild and bringing it home yourself.

The best seasoning of all! Congrats and great shooting! That's a nice pic! :hatsoff:

Fun, ain't it? Congratulations. That is definitely a very fine looking gun. I have a few from them and NO complaints.

Thanks all, much appreciated, I'm happy to have people I can share this with! Hopefully I'll have a buck for you all in the coming weeks!

As for the gun, she's beautiful and I'm definitely attached, TVM was great and had no problem when I asked about getting the 46" Colerain, they delivered a nice piece! I'm 6'1 so it fits me nice, no problem getting through the brush and alders, and at 8.8 lbs, handles my 110 gr FFg ball load like a dream, I'm pretty confident offhand out to 50 yards with that load.

Happy hunting!

Latest posts

Back