• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto45

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Gday Folks,

Just thought I'd share a few pics of my 45cal Kentucky. I'm new to this so in just in the process of accumulating gear.

Hoping to shoot it soon! I've already been bitten hard by the black powder bug though, I'm in negotiations for a Pedersoli 50cal Missouri Hawkin.... :doh:

Cheers, Otto.

Otto;
Welcome. Nice looking arm. That's also one of my favorite handling guns, period. And from that maybe to a .50 Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken! You sure have some good taste.

Have fun, be safe.

Alden said:
Otto;
Welcome. Nice looking arm. That's also one of my favorite handling guns, period. And from that maybe to a .50 Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken! You sure have some good taste.

Have fun, be safe.

Thank you Alden. :thumbsup:

Well it's a done deal on the Hawken too. Just put a deposit on it! I definitely jumped into the deep end now... :wink:

Cheers, Otto.

As Alden suggests, you'll soon find yourself collecting more than gear! :thumbsup:

Forty years ago, I collected my first black powder piece at an auction, a right-handed, TC Hawken, and as a lefty, I soon developed a notable flinch.

Well, here we are forty years later, and I have lefty flintlocks in five different calibers, and assorted styles! My better half just shakes her head. :wink:

Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum. :hatsoff:

1776Patriot said:
As Alden suggests, you'll soon find yourself collecting more than gear! :thumbsup:

Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum. :hatsoff:

Gday Patriot, thanks!
Yep I've already decided I don't have an appropriate hat to suit the gun (very important :wink: ) and my shell bag that I was going to put all my loading gear in isn't quiet going to suit either..... :rotf:

I can see how this could take on a life of its own.

Cheers, Otto.

Otto, welcome!

I started 16 years ago and now have the gun safe full, some also hanging on the wall, multiple shooting bags, multiple powder horns, ball molding equipment, period clothing, started building them so more tools....on and on! I figure we need to keep the people that provide all this stuff in business and I'm just trying to do my part! :grin:

What a great sport! Glad you're enjoying it and I look forward to hearing more from all you guys down under. :thumbsup:

Spikebuck said:
Otto, welcome!

I started 16 years ago and now have the gun safe full, some also hanging on the wall, multiple shooting bags, multiple powder horns, ball molding equipment, period clothing, started building them so more tools....on and on! I figure we need to keep the people that provide all this stuff in business and I'm just trying to do my part! :grin:

What a great sport! Glad you're enjoying it and I look forward to hearing more from all you guys down under. :thumbsup:

Spikebuck thanks for the welcome. As I get older I'm finding I'm gravitating towards more organic forms, such as muzzle loading, longbows, axes, cast iron pots and pans etc.... You know the story!

Hopefully I'll have some interesting posts for the good folk here soon!

Cheers, Otto.

Welcome! Nice looking rifle you got there.

I am afraid you are past the point of no return; in fact, I think you crossed it some time ago. It is not worth fighting it, just give in.

Ask anybody here. :rotf:

Congratulations on the Hawken too then. Pics when you possess it! Quality both that I think you, and (almost) anyone here, would be proud to own and shoot at any age and stage of their life.

A piece of advice: don't accept when some vulture (who's trying to protect resale value) swoops in and squawks "that's not a Hawken" because you didn't pay too dearly to have it cobbled together by someone in their garage from assorted bits. Sadly, this is inevitable here.

Cheers mate.

Noticed my thread got moved into photos, sorry admin guys!

I'll get the hang of it soon. :grin:

Cheers, Otto.

Nice going Otto. You are surely screwed now!! I have two Pedersoli now and love the way they shoot, look & carry. One is a. 50 Kentucky. I'd be hard pressed to buy another one but I do like the look of their Indian trade rifle!

Kapow said:
Nice going Otto. You are surely screwed now!! I have two Pedersoli now and love the way they shoot, look & carry. One is a. 50 Kentucky. I'd be hard pressed to buy another one but I do like the look of their Indian trade rifle!

Gday Kapow,

What's your other Pedersoli?
I have the good luck (or bad, depends how you want to look at it) of living about 30 mins drive from the Australian Pedersoli importer. That's not so good for my account balance. :grin:

Cheers, Otto.

Hi Otto,
I'm also a black powder shooter from Victoria, Australia.
I have a 45cal Pedersoli Tryon, a pedersoli 45-70 sharps and a 32-20 Winchester lever action.
Have you joined any black powder clubs yet?
I'm a member of Seymour Black Powder Club located at Nagambie.
If you haven't already checked us out then you should! lol

Lady Noisy said:
Hi Otto,
I'm also a black powder shooter from Victoria, Australia.
I have a 45cal Pedersoli Tryon, a pedersoli 45-70 sharps and a 32-20 Winchester lever action.
Have you joined any black powder clubs yet?
I'm a member of Seymour Black Powder Club located at Nagambie.
If you haven't already checked us out then you should! lol
Gday lady noisy! Nice collection of Pedesolis there. Had a look at the Tryon by preferred the Hawken my self. 😜

A Sharps is on the wish list.....

Yes I have made contact with Paul (VP). 👍

I can't make the Nov shoot but if there's a Dec shoot I'll be there.

Cheers, Otto.

The Tryon plains rifle... Yes, another sweetie. I have one of 'em -- I've been waiting, well, let's just say an embarrassingly long time for upgraded historical sights (which weeks ago I learned were clearing Customs -- huzzah!), front and back, and when I get and install them maybe I'll take some pics myself...

Alden said:
The Tryon plains rifle... when I get and install them maybe I'll take some pics myself...

Id be interested to see that too! 👍

Cheers, Otto.

Welcome my friend ,......... be aware that now you can check out but you can never leave ! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :doh:

Haha, thanks 1601.,👍

I like the Hotel California reference. 😉

Pics in about a week of the Hawken hopefully.

Cheers, Otto.

More Victorians. Lady Noisy too. Any Gippslanders?

Seymour is a bit far for me to go every month.

Nice rifle Otto.

I have a Kentucky flintlock, a LePage flintlock pistol, a pair of Remington New Army revolvers with a 2nd model dragoon & Walker on order. I'd love a Patterson but we can't import anything without a trigger guard.

Get onto the Aus/NZ Regional forum on this page.

Any time you're in the Sale/Bairnsdale area look me up.

Back