• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12" barrel kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinsroost

50 Cal.
Reaction score
If I want to hunt in Indiana, with a pistol, it must be .50 caliber or larger, single shot, with a barrel 12" or longer. Does anyone make a kit with a 12" barrel? Inquiring minds want to know. Keep yer powder dry.......robin :confused: :stir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Muzzleloader Builder's Supply.

They customize all their pistol kits (so you select the parts and they get it all together and make sure they will work together).

And they are great people to deal with.

Have a look here (MBS)

The note about the rifle and pistol kits is in the second paragraph of the "welcome" notes.

Chambers has an American Flintlock pistol kit with a 13" barrel and it comes in .50 or .54

I'll second Graham's recommendation for MLBS in Idaho. They're great to work with.
I have a 12" cut-off from a really long .54 Colerain barrel. I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Too heavy for pistol.

I had the same situation here in Va. and I explored several ideas. I bought a White Mountain Carbine from a pawn shop for $90. The barrel and lock where like new, but some kind of plaque or something had been on the butt stock, and left 4 holes. The barrel has a 1 in 20 twist. Most pistols are 1 in 18 to 1 in 25. I was going to make a stock from scratch, but decided to cut it down into a "Mare's Leg". I cut the stock off just behind the pistol grip, and made a metal butt plate. I chopped the barrel off at 16 3/4" and browned the barrel and other metal. It is more fun than you could imagine. I shoot 50 grains and a patched .490 ball. I might eventually make a pistol stock, but for this year, I'm good to go.

Back