• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

It followed me Home!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryon knapp

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Went out running some errands the other day, and picked up this beauty.

specs:
.45 cal
46 inch Don Getz swamped Barrel
1-66 twist with round bottom rifling
rear peep and front blade sights
single trigger, 5lb pull
14inch LOP
weighs about 10lbs

Took her to the range, and as always theres a few bugs to be worked out but I think she does pretty dam good with my current load of 70gr 3f, .015 patch and .440 ball

3 shots at 30 yards

3 shots at 60 yards, a little high and right

Looks pretty good from here :thumbsup: Only thing that ever followed me home was an ugly dog an a ugly woman. I ran the woman off an kept the dog. It eat less :idunno:

Go to a .445 ball, and a .018 to .020 patch, and those groups will tighten up even more. Getz barrels like a little tighter combo. They will shoot better than you can hold.

flintlock 1776 said:
Took her to the range, and as always theres a few bugs to be worked out but I think she does pretty dam good with my current load of 70gr 3f, .015 patch and .440 ball

That's a stout load for a .45. I'm sure you killed that paper dead with that much powder.

If I found that in the wood pile, well she'd come home with me too.....Nice one, 70 gr. ? deer weapon--for sure....Tom

I wish good looking gal like that followed me home.
I would keep her forever.
I sight in with my hunting load and target shoot with the same.
I don't get to practice that much and I want my rifle to hit where I shoot.

Very Nice!!

You stated "peep" rear sight?

Can you provide a picture of that? I want one for my hunting rifle, and am looking for good examples.

Back