• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Fredericton New Brunswick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clanquinn

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Goodday everyone, Jim here from New Brunswick, Canada. I have always wanted to own a Brown Bess and am making plans to possibly buy either a Second Pattern or 1756 Artillery Carbine from Loyalist Arms. Jim

Welcome to the Forum, Jim. :hatsoff: Some of my Wife's people were Loyalists, and came back down from New Brunswick early in the last century. My Wife is not too comfortable with that but, like I tell her, they stood by their principles the same as the Patriots did.

Never have had any experience with a Bess, but there are lots of folks here who do. They will, I'm sure, be happy to advise you on your choices.
:grin:

Richard

Thanks Richard, very interesting history of your wife! Most importantly, Americans, Canadian, the British and the Australians/New Zealanders are today very close allies despite historical differences such as the 1776-83 War and the 1812-14 War.

One thing I am certainly learning about the muskets of the 1760's to 1812 period is that folks used what they had available (or preferred), French, English or otherwise, as well illustrated in the work of Don Troiani regarding these historical muskets. I used to imagine when younger that each nation would only use their own but historical evidence points to a very diverse utilization of the muskets of the period!

Jim in NB

Back